You can shop online
and pay with layaway
Pay online contracts
or ones you've added from in our stores
Add an in-store contract
to make payments online
You can start new layaway
or pick up your layaway items in store
Kmart Online Layaway
Four easy steps to get what you want
Kmart Online Layaway Agreement
1. Where allowed by law, this layaway is subject to a non-refundable layaway fee of $5 for 8 week contracts and $10 for 12 week contacts. No partial pick-up or partial cancellations.
2. Layaways which are delinquent in payments by more than 7 days may be cancelled by Sears. A cancellation fee of $15.00 for 8 week contracts/$25.00 cancellation fee for 12 week contracts will be charged on layaways that are cancelled, refunded or which are delinquent in payments by more than 7 days (10 days for OH, 15 days for MD). MD cancellation fee is 10% of total merchandise cost. No cancellation fee in OH. RI cancellation fee is up to 10% of payments made to date at time of cancellation.
3. Layaway period is determined by final payment due date and will be either 8 or 12 weeks depending on type of merchandise. Currently, a 12-week contract is only available in-store on purchases $400 or more at Sears, $300 or more at Kmart. Requires bi-weekly payments. Total number of payments depends on final payment due date.
4. Down payment requirement is $10.00 at Kmart stores and Kmart.com unless otherwise specified.
5. All layaways must be paid in full and arranged to be picked up within 15 days after final due date. If not, order will be cancelled, returned to stock, and cancellation fee will be deducted for your refund. Select items may require off premise storage and will be made available 7 days after final payment. See store sales associate for details.
6. Price adjustments cannot be facilitated online. For in-store price adjustments, no adjustments after 14 days from layaway start date. Except where prohibited by law, multiple price adjustments on the same item are not permitted and price adjustments not allowed on clearance merchandise.
7. By providing customer info and telephone number or email address to Kmart, you expressly agree that Kmart may use those methods to contact you, including contacting you at any telephone number provided and via pre-recorded messages, concerning your layaway purchase. You also agree that Sears and its affiliates may use this contact info for marketing messages that may be of interest to you.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS FOR ONLINE LAYAWAY CUSTOMERS:
1) Contract cancellations not allowed online and must be done at the store designated at contract initiation.
2) Layaway contracts must be picked up in stores where the merchandise is being held within 15 days after final payment is made and merchandise is made available. Is there an option to ship this merchandise?
Notice to RI customers: You are entitled to a copy of this document at the time you sign; you may pay full balance due under this agreement at any time, and in RI, you may be entitled to a partial rebate of finance and insurance charges if applicable; you may also cancel this agreement if you notify seller in person or by certified or registered mail within 10 calendar days after you sign the agreements excluding Sundays and Holidays.
Notice to OH customers: If your purchase amount is over $500.00 and you default on this agreement you are entitled to purchase merchandise equal to the amount paid at the time of default or we will provide a refund less cancellation fee. If you cancel by written notice within 5 days of this agreement you will receive a full refund.
Notice to NY customers: If stored off premise, no merchandise will be removed from inventory until 50% of the purchase price has been paid.
Unless full payment is made according this agreement, merchandise will be returned to stock
Shop what you want
Add any item marked “Layaway Eligible” to cart and go to checkout. Select “Pay with Layaway” to get started.
Make a down payment
This is due when you initiate your contract and includes the service fee.
Make payments every 2-weeks
Pay online or at your pickup store using cash, check or a credit or debit card. You can opt in for payment reminders.
Get your items
Once you’ve made your last payment, we’ll send you an email letting you know your item is Ready to Ship or Ready for Pickup.
Layaway available in-store, online and mobile. Contract initiation fees may apply. All fees are nonrefundable. Service and cancellation fees apply, no partial cancellations permitted. Cancellations can only be made in store. No cancellation fee in Ohio. Layaway contracts require biweekly payments, with option to spread across 8-week or 12-week contract. Only 8-week contracts offered in Maryland and Washington D.C. 12- week layaway option only available in store for purchases of $300 or more. Exclusions may apply. See associate for details.
Get your Layaway questions answered
How long is a Layaway contract?
Layaway contracts are 8 weeks. 12-week contracts are available in store only for purchases of $300 or more.
Are there any fees?
Except where prohibited by law, an 8 week contract requires a $5 Service Fee and a 12-week layaway contract requires a $10 Service Fee.*
Can I cancel my Layaway contract?
Yep! However, you can only cancel a contract in store and must make a full cancellation. Once you do, you’ll receive a full refund of any payments made to date (minus service and cancellation fees).
Are all items available for Layaway?
Only items featuring the label “Layaway Eligible” can be purchased with Layaway. You can find this label on the product page—just above your delivery and pickup options.
What are my payments?
4 easy payments of balance due are required after down payment for an 8 week contract and 6 easy payments of balance due are required for a 12-week contract.
What if I miss a layaway payment?
You have a 7-day grace* period after your payment due date before your contract is cancelled and items are returned to stock. A nonrefundable Cancellation Fee will apply.*
Where can I make payments?
You can make payments in store or online in the Layaway Center. You’ll find the link in the drop-down menu when you click Your Account at the top of any page, or under the More tab on your Account page.
Reserve now and pay as you go with Kmart layaway online
With Kmart layaway online, those big purchases won’t have to wait until later. Take advantage of current deals and lock in today's great values with our online layaway store. Just start your schedule of payments and your brand new television, dining table or sofa will be waiting for you when you're finished.
If you're shopping for big ticket items, Kmart layaway makes it easy. You can pick and choose your own payment plan to find an option that works for you. You can opt for four biweekly payments over an eight-week period. For purchases over $300, you have the option of setting up a 12-week, six-payment contract at your closest Kmart store. Don’t forget that our layaway online service is low-risk; you can cancel at any time to receive a full refund, minus a small cancellation and service fee. Whether you're buying toys for holiday presents or looking for a new kitchen table, Kmart makes it easy to pay according to your schedule.
If you see a deal you like in the Kmart online layaway store, don’t delay. Take advantage of our great prices and convenient layaway payments at Kmart today.