Question

Why is kmart charging credit cards for orders they cancel?

I placed order 615308913 on Jan 3rd for $200.30. I paid $5.96 on a credit card and the rest in points. I later got an email stating the order was cancelled (by me) when really the issue is the product was never in stock. My points didn’t get refunded and I had to call TWICE to get someone to give them back manually. I checked and my credit card was charged even though the item was never shipped which is against kmart policy and business practices pretty much everywhere. Kmart STILL hasn’t refunded my credit card and gives me BS excuses every time like it takes 1 week to get refund when they SHOULD HAVE NEVER CHARGED ME. A quick Google search shows they do this to EVERYONE when an order is cancelled due to inventory by the system for a mistake like this yet Kmart does nothing to fix. I have made 7 phone calls just to try and get my points and money back for an item that THEY CANCELLED. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES. Thanks.

Answers

5 answers

1. We are def. In the same boat. It's absolutely ridiculous they are happy to give you points but not your money. I ordered something that supposedly was In stock and it wasn't but my card was still charged I work in retail and if an item is not available they don't charge you until the order is actually filled I don't understand why it takes so long for your money to refunded on behalf of their mistake. I have called twice and I get the same run around and excuses.

2. Welcome to the club! This has been going on for years - if an item is canceled because of not in stock - not only will you get an automated email saying YOU canceled the order, and tell you that you won't get charged, but then they charge your card. On top of that pile of nonsense, contacting Customer Support will get you nowhere - they will constantly tell you that your card hasn't been charged and you must be making a mistake. It's the most infuriating thing int he world. It's unbelievable that this is still going on and the issue isn't resolved. If only news outlets were made aware of this issue - it's crazy.

1. In response to Eryeal7

Hi Eryeal7,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on this topic. Please let us know if you need assistance so that we may connect you with our Kmart Cares team.

Thank you!

3. JustinWaite,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about your recent experience with your online order. We apologize for any frustrations you encountered with the order being cancelled and unsatisfactory experience you have encountered due to the cancellation. My name is Kurt with our Kmart Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and have a case manager address any concerns you may about your experience. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at kmsupport@searshc.com so we can look into this matter further. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JustinWaite), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Kurt M.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

4. Hi JustinWaite, welcome! I am very sorry to hear your order was cancelled. I would like to put you in contact with our Customer Care Team to address your concerns further. Once the Team reaches out to you here I will email you to let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

Recent Activity

See More