Question

What Do You Do When You Visit the Beach?

Just having moved back to the coast, visiting the beaches has been quite an enjoyment!

I forgot how much you can actually do and see once arriving.

On one beach, it is a little cove for which have remarkable little tide pools. This was so exciting to share with my grand-daughter for which she was able to learn about the sea anemone and hermit crabs.

On another beach we had many different types of rocks and seashells for which I found a dark green rock of jade.

So what do you find exciting or look for when visiting the coastal beaches?

The ocean is such a wonder and I would love to hear what some of your likes are and what your great finds have been!

Answers

22 answers

1. ** HI ! **

I hope that your weekend is as fantastic as mine, Wendy !
    And ThankYou too for also taking me back down memory lane :) !

1. In response to yobarps

Thank you yobarps!

My weekend will start this evening! Looking forward to some more sun shiny days and exploring!

Memory lane is what keeps us going as we continue to add to them! I love looking back at all the good times I had when I was young.

Now the new beauty is making the same ones with my sweet grand-daughter! Price-less!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! ;-)

2. In response to yobarps

)***( {'',] !

2. There's nothing like the water ! You three are truly blessed to be able to enjoy it :):) I like it too, and hope to one day be near a shore in my next life, LOL !
    Happy Sandy-Toes, Wendy :) !

1. In response to yobarps

Someday you will for you never know what lies ahead! ;-)

We use to live in Southern California and travel up the Pacific Coast to places around the shore of Oregon.

So now living here, makes us all so much closer to our favorite camping sites and little store fronts when traveling.

There is nothing like fresh water taffy and smoked salmon! YUM!

2. In response to yobarps

I'm already into both - especially the salmon :):) !
      I actually saw some of those coastlines south of San Francisco (the further one goes south, the better the beaches !!!) And then Monterrey.... Ahhh, Monterrey ! These days, one must be a millionaire to enjoy living there !

So lately, South Dakota sounds "do-able", then visit the Pacific Coast as much as possible, Wendy :):) ! I've got to get to Oregon also - I've simple got to see to believe {^^, !

3. In response to yobarps

Did you go on the San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? They have THE best salt water taffy that I have ever tasted! Barrels upon barrels full of different flavors! Last time I was there was over 25 years ago and spent a good $25 on taffy LOL

Your are definitely right about Monterrey! Of course I was traveling through and spent 1 good day admiring the beauty but would surely love to go back and explore some more!

Is your to-visit list getting as long as mine? Some day.... ;-)

4. In response to yobarps

It certainly is, Wendy :):) !
      YES, I did the Wharf and Pier 39, and many other sites !!! I would love to live in Carmel, but I'm not a millionaire yet :( :D !
      I've gone there twice and it only just wetted my whistle ! . . . I'll see you on the coast on that same Some day ! {^^, !

5. In response to yobarps

I do not think I have visited Carmel! I will have to add that to my list too! LOL

6. In response to yobarps

It's the town where Clint Eastwood was Mayor ; it included mystics, boutique owners and other fun-loving folks ! It's next to Monterrey... Pebble Beach is down there, for all of the golf addicts, too !

Enjoy your weekend, and I'll chat later, Sweetness !

7. In response to yobarps

Aw ha! Thank you for triggering my memory!

As mentioned, was passing through so really not much time to even visit much. We did however go to Pebble Beach and played for about an hour before heading back up north.

Gosh it has been so long since I have been down that far! Will definitely have to re-visit.

I will be here all weekend so feel free to pop in to say "hi" through your wonderful relaxing weekend! ;-)

3. The tide pools on the coast are so amazing to visit! There is so much to see-a real adventure for the kids climbing on the rocks and checking out the sea animals.

We are lucky living just a short bike ride from the beach around here. No tide pools, but TONS to do. Kayaking, paddleboarding, just jumping in the water and throwing a ball around. And, lots of play time on the sand, too! We go a few times a week for early dinner and stay for hours, when we can. It is a real special part of living in the Chicago area.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

That is awesome Julie! Unfortunately I have watched to much Shark Week shows and have a little bit of paranoia in entering the water to far hehehehe

I had no idea how close you were. It sure would be nice to see a few other places when we all meet back up in Chicago!

Since Illinois is my birth state I would love to see as much as I can LOL

4. I love going up to Michigan's Upper Peninsula along the Lake Michigan coast which Highway 2 runs right beside. It's easy to forget you are in Michigan at times since it looks like the ocean.

We have some of the best beaches & coastlines here in Michigan, each lake providing its own special feature like Lake Superior's beautiful rocks that litter just about every beach. Lots of fun collecting those as a kid. :-)

1. In response to izel8326

I totally agree, izel8326! LOVE Michigan beaches-it is a TRUE vacation when we visit. They are gorgeous and manageable. We go once a year usually to see friends who have a house there and enjoy that side of the lake.

2. In response to izel8326

Being an east coaster, we enjoy the Atlantic ocean most often and love visiting the Outer Banks. There are amazing sand dunes at the outer banks we spend hours exploring. We also enjoy kayaking, surfing, and skimboarding! I am not great at surfing or skimboarding, but love to watch the pros and try to keep up.

3. In response to izel8326

I've only experienced the Atlantic coast near Charleston S.C. & around Myrtle Beach. One day when time and finances permit I'd love to travel from Maine all the way to FL along the coast. Of course I'd need at least a couple months because I'd want to stop so much along the way.

4. In response to izel8326

How wonderful Izel! I have always collected rocks as a kid, but never realized what I actually had. Our one beach in looking up our rocks we just collected are in the Jade family. So beautiful and was thrilled to find the dark green one. This is a first in finding!

Gosh there is soooo many places that I would like to visit and Michigan would surely be on the list! ;-)

5. In response to izel8326

I would love to see you surfing Laurel! I had only tried it in my early years of life and haven't seem to make it back out. Kayaking is another thing I would like to try, but only on a lake, less scary stuff beneath the water hahaha

We too have some of the best dunes that are a tourist attraction. My hope is to eventually invest in a quad or 3 wheeler to take my grand-daughter out to experience.

It has changed soooo much since High school that when we went to play on Monday it was barely recognizable. All for the good with more camping sites as well as day sites for picnicking! ;-)

6. In response to izel8326

If you do make it to Michigan to vacation you MUST stop at the "New Presque Isle" Lighthouse over on the east side of the state on Lake Huron. I'll include a link to the information on it. Now I want to go up there! lol

http://www.michigan.org/property/new-presque-isle-lighthouse-park-and-museum/

7. In response to izel8326

How beautiful!

It looks so much bigger than our Bandon lighthouse! I love going in and seeing all the unique character that they all portray.

Gosh I think the last one I had seen was in Trinidad Ca almost 10 years ago. This is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been.

Boy, my to- visit list is growing tremendously! LOL

8. In response to izel8326

Not far from the "New Presque Isle" light is the "Old Presque Isle" light. The Old one is supposedly haunted by a former keeper. Met his wife years ago when I was a kid, she ran the museum in the old keepers cottage. She said the light has been seen on yet all power into the lighthouse is cut off. :-)

Recent Activity

See More