Question

Creative Costume Ideas?

I don’t normally dress up, but when I do, it is usually not too original. I have some friends that always come up with the most creative costumes! This year they are going as Hope Solo and Han Solo-pretty clever. Last year they were Captain Stubing and Charo-also a good one.

What is the most inventive costume you have worn? Or, that you have seen?

Answers

4 answers

1. Many years back my son and his friend wanted to be robots. So I found some different sized boxes, one for the head and the other for the body. They spray painted them silver and made the electrode out of foil and placed on the head as well as foil buttons that they had glued onto the box. We had also cut a small circle for their faces and painted them silver too.

For arms I was fortunate to find some small cylinder tubes where they could easily put their arms in, which was quite comical when trying to hold their Trick or Treat buckets. They had to hold it outside ways to get their candy.

They had also wanted to put the tubes on their legs, but we felt they would have been tripping the whole time we were out so they wore grey thermals and then foiled their little boots.

All in all they turned out quite good!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

These are the "hard-knock" costumes that get the most memories of times past ! Sounds like a barrelful of fun and smiles, Wendy :):):) !

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You bet they do! It was great watching their minds come together in how they wanted their Robots to look like especially at the age of 10.

I was just thankful that they turned out the way they did LOL

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

That is a really creative on their part! So wonderful that you were able to encourage and help them along to see their fun costume vision. Love it.

Recent Activity

See More