Great recipes using Garlic!
by Diane Quinn
Don’t be afraid to make recipes using garlic cloves because of its pungent aroma. You can always grab a breath mint later.
- 1 cup softened butter or your favorite margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic cloves (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
Soften the butter or margarine and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
Discover the rich flavor of roasted garlic. Spread on warm bread or mix into mashed potatoes.
- Large garlic cloves (like elephant garlic)
- Olive oil
Remove approximately 1/2 inch from the top of each clove and peel off any loose paper-like leaves. Place the clove cut side up in a small baking dish and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for about one hour until the garlic cloves are soft.
Shrimp recipes using garlic are versatile when you add them to pasta or rice.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned and thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Sea salt to taste
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the shrimp in a single layer until the edges turn pink and then turn them over. Add the garlic, and continue to cook until the shrimp are firm, approximately three to four minutes. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, zest and salt, and blend.