The Wanderer

By Robyn Carr

I’m fascinated by the complexity of relationships.  I always have been.  Whenever I meet new people, or even when I meet perfect strangers – like the person you bond with at the DMV, or the person you sit beside on a long flight – I want to know all about them. Are they married, how did they met their spouse, where do they work and who do they enjoy working with and why?

It’s not just the romantic relationships that intrigue me; it’s also the ancillary relationships–relationships within a family, the connection between parents and children. I’m also interested in knowing how people relate to their neighbors, their co-workers, their best friends and their not- so- best friends.  Love and friendships, often fragile, sometimes tough as leather, create an eternal tug of war for all of us.  We’re defined by these relationships.

In Thunder Point I wanted to create some of the same things that my readers loved about Virgin River –characters who would always be there for their friends and family, men and women from all age groups.  These things allow me to have the fun of developing relationships that turn into true love, while others might fall apart. I can create relationships that show my characters in conflict, while others are establishing something very special.

The Wanderer examines many such relationships – Cooper and Sarah, both new to Thunder Point  assume that true love is not in the cards for them. Landon, a teenage boy struggling at the hands of bullies; Mac McCain, a single father and the town’s  Deputy Sheriff, keeps too many balls in the air to indulge in his own romantic desires; and Gina, who fears she will always be in love with a man who only thinks of her as a friend.

So many interesting people. So many intriguing relationships.

Come with me to Thunder Point.  Pack your dreams….

About the Book:

From Robyn Carr, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the popular Virgin River novels, comes Thunder Point—the highly anticipated new series that will make you laugh, make you sigh, and make you fall in love with a small town filled with people you’ll never forget.

Nestled on the Oregon coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land’s unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he’s been left an old friend’s entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community’s destiny in his hands.

Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful.

With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.

You can now buy the book at select Kmart stores or online!

About the Author:

The author of over twenty novels, Robyn reaches a wide audience with her writing. In addition to her touching novels, she’s written historical romance, series romance and a gripping thriller. “This is the best job I’m ever going to get wearing my nightgown,” she says of her writing career.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon