Question

Will you ever open up another Superkmart/Kmart again?

Wendy and Julie and all the other monitors on this kmart forum please answer the questions! You and all other Kmart personal never respond about these important questions. Are you scared to make money opening new stores? Do your boses not let you respond to KMART NOT having a future? Did you give in to the competition? Most kmart shoppers including myself don’t and will not shop online. Your losing more fans everyday you close stores and once you sell the properties you and 90% of sears/kmart employees will be out of a job. Does it scare you to monitor a website thats based on stores which are closing by the dozens quarterly and sells profitable stores for quick cash? The end game of selling real estate ends when there is no real estate, meaning NO KMART!! NOONE CARES ABOUT KMART.com…….

Answers

3 answers

1. I also realize and agree with the frustrations of all... I'm still a fan too, but I have also gone the way of finding alternatives to Kmart and Sears for many things now. We miss MontgomeryWards very much, but what can we do ?!?!

Still, this site is a blast for me (",) {^^,] :D !

2. Hi vinny101,

“Sears Holdings’ real estate strategy is in line with its overall business strategy – to increase return on assets and generate shareholder value. As a part of the ordinary course of business, we close stores for a variety of reasons. The store closures are part of a series of actions we're taking to reduce ongoing expenses, adjust our asset base and accelerate the transformation of our business model. These actions will better enable us to focus our investments on serving our customers and members through integrated retail – at the store, online and in the home. You should also know that we don’t take these decisions lightly because Kmart appreciates being a member of the community.”

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us!

3. I'm not sure the site monitors have all the answers. Remember they're site monitors they probably live in some other American town like you and me, and have families and such. But yes, I agree Kmart needs to open more Super Kmart's and Kmart's. It seems an unfortunate downwards spiral with Eddie Lampert bighead's real estate selling, I too would like more Kmart's
    It may be a bad secret what's gonna happen with SHC, *shiver*

And about stores vinny101, you do realise much much much more people's shopping is being done online nowadays, so promoting an online store can be good for Kmart. But it still seems fishy what goes on, I mean it's ridiculous, this is not Monopoly property real estate selling game, that's because real estate is not what their competitors are doing, and don't want to see Kmart go the extinction route, never ever.

Recent Activity

See More