Question

When will Kmart come back to Portage?

They should open a store in the former Sam’s Club building on Mall Drive. If there is ever a Store Openings they should put Kzoo on the Store Openings List, I think the former Sam’s Club on Mall Drive would be a great place for them to open. The Portage, Michigan Big Kmart closed on February 2010, a Hobby Barf Lobby and another retailer will operate in that space. Unfortunately there is no Kmart in our county and township. There is only 4 Kmart stores in my area code.

Answers

3 answers

1. Didn't Miejer buy A Kmart Super Center in Portage that was open and making money about a year ago.I think I Read a News Story about they were going to close it and totaly Remodel it.Must have been a real promising location.Meijer does a nice job with there stores they no how to compete!

1. In response to bconner

I am speaking of Portage, Michigan which used to a have a BigK. The one you're speaking of is the Kmart SuperCenter that was in Portage, Indiana. Two different Portage's.

2. Unfortunately, the trend is for further closure of Kmart stores, so if a location has lost its Kmart, chances are it won't be returning. There have been exceptions, but, sadly, the number of locations that have reopened is extremely small.

Recent Activity

See More