Question

What do I have to do to get my money back on a lay-a-way that I paid in full that was then cancelled by Kmart within hours of my final payment being processed?????????????

I am about as unhappy a customer as you can get. I put $122.74 on lay-a-away online on Nov 25th, 2012; made final payment on Jan 6th, 2013. Within a couple of hours I received an email from Imran Jooma, SVP & President Marketing, stating that “unfortunately an error occurred while processing, and your order has been cancelled”. I was refunded the $15 down payment but have been fighting since Jan 8th to get the remaining $107.74 of my money back. I have called Customer Care twice, was told both times that my refund was being processed and should be received in 5 to 7 days. That didn’t happen. Then I was told that the issue with my refund has been forward to Corporate IT for resolution. THEN I was told to just log in to my account and for a small fee, I can cancel the lay-a-away myself. Ummmmm. Already cancelled by Kmart, and I am NOT paying a cancellation fee. I upheld my part of the lay-a-way contract, Kmart did not. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General’s Office. Do NOT reply to this and suggest I call Customer Care and they will help. Been there, done that and they were no help whatsoever. Just refund my $107.74 and I will shut up and go away and never shop at Kmart again. Can you say FRAUD?? I can’t believe all the blogs I’m seeing of others experiencing the same or similar issues.

Answers

2 answers

1. How did you pay for this? Credit card or debit card or something else?
    If it was credit or debit, call the number on the back of your card and see what they can do for you. Wont hurt and it might help!

2. ncountrygirl,

I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the mishap with your online order. I can see how frustrating it is to purchase a layaway online and find out the order was cancelled. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive the help you need when you called us for support. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MyKmart) screen name (ncountrygirl) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

Recent Activity

See More