Question

Seriously disappointed. I saw this advertised and was very excited at my local Kmart in Pittsburgh Pa. Well wow I wish I had read this forum first. This was a total waste of time and energy. How do you deny someone and then have no valid reason whatsoever for doing so. No credit check, umm I really am starting to doubt that from what I have read thus far. I make more than double whats required and I well beyond 18, I have kids older than that. I get direct deposit from my job. The customer servivce reps are not knowledgeable at all about this so called program and you just get referred to an email address. She said they check your employer name and phone number to verify its a real employer. Well honey if that is the case anybody can give you a company name. Why not just ask for pay stubs , so much more legit right? I am truly turned off from this program and I am considering leaving kmart alone for a while. This was a really bad venture for them since it is not working in too many customers favor. If it is this bad , they might as well just do a credit check.

Answers

5 answers

1. Hi, Mishyshades. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with the Why Not Lease It program. I will be happy to share your concerns with the appropriate team. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us!

1. In response to laurelS

I too have applied for the program, been denied, and been referred on a wild goose chase to find out why. Every number and email I contact has been a dead end. Who can we talk to for help? The numbers and emails that have been provided are not helpful with an explanation about my denial. I dont understand. I thought this program was supposed to help people. Please Help!!!!

2. In response to laurelS

Hi, shiniqua31. Welcome to the MyKmart Community!

We are not authorized to view information regarding approvals/denials for this program. A denial letter is sent to the member informing them to contact WNLI if they have additional questions.

To reach a WhyNotLeaseIt Customer Service Representative, please call 1.855.949.6685 or reach out by email at kmart@whynotleaseit.com.

Hope this helps!

3. In response to laurelS

Emailing is no help no one responds so whats the point. I received an approval and still couldn't get my items. Yet the girl behind had no job & was approved with no problems. This was a total waste of time. Everyone who voices their concerns get the same message that leads to no where Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with the Why Not Lease It program. I will be happy to share your concerns with the appropriate team. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us! What away to treat customer's and shop at Kmart all the time and I also have a rewards card with them. I'm never going back after being embarrassed the worst customer service ever!!

4. In response to laurelS

I agree, you get the same message of Welcome to the My Kmart Community and blah blah blah, but when you point out that the only message received is the standard Im sorry and happy to pass along your message, they don't ever respond to that. I guess they figure once they enter in the standard email of welcome to kmart community etc etc then they do not have to respond anymore.

Recent Activity

See More