Question

Sears Holdings & Kmart continue to assist millions impacted by Hurricane Sandy!

Sears Holdings & Kmart continue to help Sandy victims in so many ways. Here are just a few that have made a huge difference:

An in-store Red Cross donation program has been very successful and estimates raising over $1 million dollars for Sandy victims.

As we speak, a large shipment of bedding items is on its way to the East Coast, in addition to five truckloads of water and a sizable donation of diapers which will be distributed via the March of Dimes.

Five semi-trucks of essential food items have been delivered to five food banks and other organizations in the New York Tri-State area, including water, bleach, sanitizers, sleeping bags, toilet paper, diapers, batteries and shelf-stable food. Additionally, gift cards totaling approximately $40,000 have been donated to be used by shelters and food banks as needed to buy critical supplies.

Lands’ End will also be donating nearly 9,000 winter coats, boots and blankets for men, women and children through the American Red Cross to New York and New Jersey residents.

Additionally, Sears Holdings’ associates orchestrated food deliveries to five New York food banks with celebrity and brand ambassador Sandra Lee, who then appeared on Today and Fox and Friends asking that people continue to help with hurricane relief. Our associates also arranged a delivery of water, blankets and batteries to Seaside Heights, NJ.

We are also partnering with the charity Rebuilding Together to provide assistance to communities in their rebuilding efforts in New York and New Jersey.

Sears Holdings and Kmart will continue these efforts and outreach in the weeks ahead to serve Members, customers and our communities.

Answers

1 answer

1. That is wonderful to hear, as I have been reading on-line that there are a lot of problems for people without electricity too. One man died because he had no light and fell down stairs in the Rockaways. My order that I am waiting for is a flashlight because I thought of our blackouts in the past, or not being able to even open our doors from hallway lights being off. And, now to hear the story in the news and the reports for Long Island Power - it may be even longer for some areas. I did not hear any news today, so wonder if there was any progress.

They did have a tv news piece awhile ago that focused on the cleaning up process and it would be another hard issue.

Recent Activity

See More