Question

Sandra Lee Halloween!

Hey all! It’s been a little while since I’ve been on here, but after seeing the new Sandra Lee Halloween decorations at Kmart, I had to make a post! With Halloween being my FAVORITE Holiday, I keep my eyes peeled for cute decorations at every store I go in, and I really love the Sandra stuff at Kmart this year! So cute! Her glittered pumpkins and spiders and skulls, eerie centerpieces and well designed tablecloths, cups and napkins will be sure to make my Halloween stylish and classic this year!!! Nice job Kmart and Sandra with designing this years products! Also, Kmart should follow in Michaels Craft Store footsteps and have Sandra help customers with halloween decorating tips and Halloween tablescapes, as I just read today that she partnered with Michaels in doing so! Anyway, just wanted to say I love the decorations…can’t wait to see what’s in store for my second favorite holiday, Christmas!

Answers

12 answers

1. Also, so nice to see you, debrockwell! Do you do a scary theme, at all, or more seasonal and fun?

2. Hi deb!

Welcome back to the Community!

I have never been one to decorate for Halloween but would sure love to see how others decorate for this holiday.

We had bought a few Halloween items last year so we are hoping to display them this time around since our 3 year old was scared of them last year. My daughter had also just made some "blood candles" to put out too this year by melting a red candle over white ones, they actually turned out pretty well!

I would love to hear how you decorate your home and the new ideas that you have incorporated into this years decorating!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

That blood candle sounds wonderful ! Those tricks of old seem to be the best in the end, ;) !

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I think so too! Especially when you can find things around the house to use and be able to implement it into something different.

My daughter was so proud of herself that she searching for other things to make from home LOL

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Cool ! And so many different uses for things :)

3. A huge hug welcoming you back, Deb ! It's so nice to hear from you :):) !
    It's my favorite as well, and I'll keep an eye out for some new acquisitions !

1. In response to yobarps

Do you decorate to yobarps? If so, what do you display, is it more inside the home or outside?

Would love to hear it!

2. In response to yobarps

Mine is more of an outdoor affair... I have these large candle ghosts that I use, and I believe that I'll be doing another sprayed-on ghost figure in the picture window this year ! I also have those pumpkinhead runner lights for the banister, so I'll have to make a few decisions !!! I also love those hanging motion- sensored screaming and laughing skulls to hang ! Izel is indeed peaking my interest :):)

3. In response to yobarps

Niiiccee! My decorations (what little I have) are for outside too! I do have a few window ones that light up for inside, but I really like how the outside decorations display better.

We are hoping to go shopping tomorrow for a few more and have the little one pick them out. Gearing her up for trick or treating so that she becomes familiar with some of the scarier decorations.

Fun fun!

4. In response to yobarps

We just moved and have a big picture window. What a cool idea! Did you make the ghost figure? I am ready to get this house going for Halloween!!

5. In response to yobarps

A funny story.... When my son was much younger, we coached and coached for him to say "TRICK OR TREAT!" But he would only say very loudly "HALLOWEEN!!!"

It's these certain things that we carry around with us forever, isn't it my friend ?!!?
      Fun-fun indeed, and good luck with your grand-daughter ! {^^, !

6. In response to yobarps

Julie, what I used was some of that Christmas snow spray and made a general outline and shape. I then took a rag dipped in rubbing alcohol, I think, and erased the areas for the eyes and the fine-tuning of the shape ! Because I used a very faint coating, the effect was truly scary !!! You've convinced me to do another this year, even though our block doesn't get many visitors anymore.
      Happy experimenting !