Question

PRIMO return & other issues

The past month I’ve shopped at the Saint Johns MI Big Kmart store on three separate occasions, each time I’ve returned my PRIMO 5gallon water jug for an exchange. Each time I go into this store to return these the machine outside isn’t giving out the return ticket. By the time I get to the register to pay its a small hassle for the cashiers who seem to be clueless on where the extra tickets or code to scan is located causing a huge line to form behind me.

The other issues I have with this store is the fact they are out of stock on a lot of items I normally buy such as Image Essentials anti bacterial body wash & Essential Home larger bottles of dish soap. I prefer to pay under $5 for the Image Essential body wash over the $7 version Dial carries.

Answers

7 answers

1. Hi izel,

It is great to see you in the Community!

Yikes in not having the code on hand easily! You would think that it would be in their handy code book which is normally close at hand. But as you said, if not a common occurrence... I know it can be uncomfortable to hold up a line, but keep in mind that it is not you specifically that is doing so and most people would see this easily enough and understand. Hopefully each time that you visit the store, the cashiers will become more knowledgeable of where this information is to zip you through.

I am also sorry to hear that the stock is still low on specific items. This can be quite frustrating to say the least especially when you have specific items on your list that you are needing to replenish.

Hopefully this too will not be a repeated occurrence each time you come to shop! ;-)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I always feel bad holding up a line! I actually had a lady in front of me at Kmart yesterday who held us up because she wanted a pack of Camel Blue cigarettes.

The tobacco display happened to be directly in front of our check-out lane yet our cashier had to call someone else up who had a key. Took three employees to open this display case, whole time the lady waiting on the cigarettes kept apologizing to me behind her saying she never should have asked for them.

I told her I had nowhere to go right away and asking for them was her job as a customer so she had no reason to feel ashamed holding up the line.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I am sure your words made her feel better during this incident even though still an embarrassing situation.

With valued customers such as yourself, I do believe it will help with that customer returning at a later time for future purchases.

We have all been there at one time or another and just a few words can go a long ways in making someones day turn from a negative experience into more of a positive. ;-)

2. I forgot to mention some good news for this store. This Kmart is the anchor store for a small plaza that has six other store fronts, all empty besides the Admiral tobacco store. Near the main front driveway into the plaza sits an empty former Pizza Hut building that has been vacant for about five years now.

Noticed in front of this former Pizza Hut building there is a new sign advertising another local business will be moving into it this fall! Now is the time for this Kmart to focus on fixing any issues to attract customers in with the traffic increase when the other business moves into the former Pizza Hut.

The business planning this move sells outdoor power sport equipment, big thing up in this area.

1. In response to izel8326

That is great news to hear!

Maybe this will be just the kick they needed to start improving the store inside and out to draw in more customers.

With a new store coming in, you can count on traffic for most will want to check it out to see what all this new store is bringing to the area!

2. In response to izel8326

Would be great to see the plaza connected to Kmart fill back up. The other end used to have a small grocery store but it went under when Kroger, Save-A-Lot & Super Walmart took over.

This plaza has potential so time will tell, one thing I do know is the economy in the area should pick up this fall a bit. Mostly farm land up here and crops are looking beautiful!

3. In response to izel8326

All over the place ! A good year indeed for growing :) Good luck to the plaza pick-up :) !

Recent Activity

See More