Question

My order from Kmart was canceled and I was wondering what the procedure was for returning the money already paid on a layaway contract?

Answers

9 answers

1. Hi amicucci,

Welcome to the MyKmart Community!

We are sorry to hear that your layaway has been cancelled and we would be happy to provide you with the information regarding your refund.

Your refund will be credited back to your account within 3 to 5 business days from the date of the order cancelled. This is for layaway's in-store or online.

Please keep us updated by letting us know if you have any issues in regards to receiving your refund after the 5th day.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for your reply, but it has been at least two weeks since this order was cancelled and I still have not received a refund.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi amicucci,

I am sorry to hear that your refund if is pass the standard time allowance.

Have you called to check yet on the status of your refund?

We would love to help you further and have one of our Kmart Cares Team members look into this for you.

If you can please check back periodically for a reply!

Thank you ;)

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Amicucci, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your layaway. I can truly understand your frustrations with the layaway being cancelled. I can see how disappointing it is not to receive your refund in a timely manner. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (amicucci), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MyKmart Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I received a message from someone at the Kmart Cares Team, I believe his name was Daniel. He told me to call the 888 number and use extension 16, but when I try to use the ext. number I always get disconnected. Can you please help as this has been very frustrating... I have been waiting for my refund for over a month!

Thanks for the help

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi,

I am sorry that the number given had not connected for you. I have escalated to the Kmart Cares team whom can help in providing you with the correct extension in contacting your case manager.

Please check back periodically and one of our Team members will respond in helping further.

Thank you!

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

amicucci, We apologize for the difficulty with trying to reach your case manager. I understand how important it is to receive your refund in a timely manner and be informed of any updates. I will ensure you are contacted by Monday and I thank you for all your patience.

Thank you,

Christine R.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I am still having trouble getting in touch with anyone at the number listed above. I believe the only information they are looking for is the layaway contract number, which is 90000078. Is there any possible way that we can get this number to the case manager without me having to keep trying to call them?

8. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for posting your layaway contract number, amicucci! I forwarded this information along to your case manager.