Question

My name is Alicia W, and I would like to take the opportunity to share the recent horrible holiday shopping experience I had with Kmart/Sears organization. On Thanksgiving I awoke early at 5am to take advantage of your “door buster” sales. From the start I had numerous problems with your website freezing, and timing out, having to re-enter the site numerous times, by the time I did get ready to check out most items I had originally chosen and were in my cart, were no longer available. It took me 5hrs and I ended up with 4 separate orders, 430643949, 430643949, 430722280, and 430722303, and I had layaway shipping fees, which were not clearly explained in all the marketing, the “like, like, like,” commercials, every 5-10 mins, anyhow those fees where over $70.00 and my orders totaled close to $600. So in the beginning I committed a large amount of my holiday spending money to this organization.

I received 3/4 receipts with contract numbers-430643949/800009621, 430643949/900009662, 430722280/80009678, and my largest and final order 430722303, never had a contract number issued, that I received just a receipt stating there had been problems but they had been “fixed” and that everything was ok, this email came addressed from you, and offered me extra points to spend on line.

I made my next payment on 12/06/12 in which there seemed to be problems on your site making the payment, I even tried to call in for assistance and was told I would have to go into a local store, because no payments could be taken over the phone or try again later, which I did and found that I needed to make final payments by 12/14 to insure delivery by 12/25.
On 12/14/2012 I went on line and made all 4 final payments and called to verify I would receive by Christmas, 1 day later I received a email stating that there was a question regarding the order in question,430722303 and it needed to be confirmed, all payments were made on line and were processed by my bank, so I called and verified the information on my cc and believed everything was taken care of by the representative I spoke with over the phone. I’ve called into your customer care center close to 10X’s this week alone, being placed on hold for close to a hour more than once, being hung up on “numerous” times, beinig spoken to rudely, to sum it up, your customer service is horrible. I entrusted this organization with my money and their ability to keep their end of the layaway contract, now I’ve just been told there is nothing that can be done regarding my final order and no one has any knowledge of the status beyond its “confirmed”. I am so disappointed in the way this business matter was handelled by such as large retailer as Kmart/Sears, after speaking with a supervisor “again” today, 2 days before Christmas, I was told my order will be canceled with no fees, thankfully, but there will be a 3-5 business day hold on my funds being returned, so I can’t even use that money to shop elsewhere, or even have a credit at a Kmart/Sears store so I can at least look at the left overs other shoppers didn’t want. So not only do I have to look in my 6 children’s face on Christmas morning, I did not get what I was paying for, after starting this on 11/22- a whole month ago, but now my money is not accessible and Kmart/Sears has made this one of the most difficult Christmas seasons I can remember, . Thank you for your time and I can’t see for any God given reason that I would ever want to utilize your business again. I just hope I receive all my money back, and timely because I would hate to start the new year off contacting my attorney.

Alicia W

Answers

2 answers

1. awinnerof7,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your online order. Per our records, I see my colleague Susan reached out to you on a different social media site. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank, you Liz R. MyKmart Social Media Moderator

2. Hi Alicia,

I am sorry to hear about in-store and online issues that you had experienced and would like to have our SearsCares team follow up to make sure you your refund is being processed.

Please check back later for a reply to the is post.

I will also be removing and forwarding your contact information from your post to protect your privacy.

Thank you!

Recent Activity

See More