Question

Major Dent almost Puncture in Freezer I just purchased a few hours ago. This was an emergency purchase for 250 lbs of meat. I need this made right. I cant return it now I need it to keep food from spoiling!! Please read additional details and Contact me Immediately!

Ok just made this purchase a few hours ago, December 6th 2012 its now 5:38pm. Got someone to help me to unbox and unload the freezer from my truck. Only to find its got a major dent if not puncture. I traveled out of my way to go to Kmart for the better deal than I could have gotten at my local Sears. I drove the extra 40 miles round trip for a total of 72 miles to get this freezer and it was a smooth transaction, the ladies are always helpful. It was loaded onto my truck, Very well boxed no damage to box. Item inside well packaged, lots of foam cushion but the freezer has a major dent in it. Almost a puncture. I took photos. I can not return this due to the fact that this was an emergency purchase to prevent the loss of 700.00 dollars worth of meat. I absolutely need the freezer and cant allow the meat to thaw. What am I supposed to do. I feel a new one should be given but I would have to make the trip again to get another one then transfer the meat, then make the trip again to return this one. I’m looking at alot of money in gas and time to do this? My truck gets 13 miles to the gallon at 3.76 mpg? The price made sense for me to travel the extra miles the first time but not 3 times down and back. I feel someone needs to address this immediately. I am totally gutted. Its not fair to purchase a new item and have it be so damaged. It was not an opened Item, so the damage had to be done prior to boxing at the factory. Shame on the person that packaged this knowing it was so damaged. Please call me regarding this item. receipt# 09521 120612 003 88840. I will make No further purchases at Kmart until this matter has been made right! I love the store but this was a dirty trick. Thanks Polly Hafford.

Answers

3 answers

1. Not Kmarts fault...Like you said the damage was done prior to boxing at the manufacture. There should be a phone number in the manufactures book that you can call. This is were I would start...

2. loggers4life
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for troubles you have encountered with your recent freezer purchase. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to offer our assistance. I can see how frustrating it is to purchase a freezer and find out the item was damaged. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred. . At your convenience, please contact our office via email at kmsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone the compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MyKmart screen name (loggers4life) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you and we thank you for the opportunity to assist in any way we can.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MyKmart Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

3. Hi, Polly. I am sorry to hear that your freezer was damaged. I've escalated your feedback to the Kmart Customer Care Team who will reach out to you here to help with this further. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here and providing us an opportunity to help!