Question

I’m hearing that the Charlevoix, MI Kmart is closing? Has not been announced anywhere but from what I am finding out on the internet that’s whats been happening lately. The community actually stopped Walmart from coming in several years ago so this would really be a slap in the face.

Answers

8 answers

1. Try calling the store at (231) 547-0912. I tried calling tonight (8pm) no answer so either this store closes at 8 or someone doesn't know how to answer a phone.

1. In response to izel8326

they close at 8 due to the winter season, normally it's later.

2. I doubt this Kmart in Charlevoix is closing, there's insufficient information to say that it's closing plus the Store Locater still lists it with it's Store Services.

3. That is too bad, shopped at this store two summers ago while coming home from vacationing in the Upper Peninsula. Besides needing a remodel of the bathrooms I thought this store was nice & in a great location. I believe the only store that far north now would be the one in Escanaba across the bridge. Every summer on vacation up that way we would always have to make an emergency stop at a store for something we left behind and it usually ended up being a Kmart! I was sad when the one way up in Marquette MI closed a few years ago, many memories of stopping in there with my family as a kid. My mom always forgot her bathing suit, not smart on a vacation in MI. :-)

4. Hi Patty,

Welcome to the MyKmart Community!

YIKES!

Unfortunately we have no knowledge if this store is closing at this time.

We are currently in the process of trying to access this information for our members and once received, will be sharing in the Community the list of closures/openings.

This is a major concern for some of our members so please continue to check back periodically for we will be sharing any updates that are made available to us.

Have a great day!

5. I heard somwhere that there going back in tne Dime Store Format and converting Kmarts to Kresces Stores.Also Sears is shedding stores and going back in the Mail Order Catalog Buisness.Its there Roots and thats where the money seems to be!How many Kwash locations are now open.Now that was and original Idea.In Cincinnati we have Walwashes with Internet Cafes and Free Donuts!

1. In response to bconner

These are the only Kmart closures I am aware of going on now. There could be others, But I know all these listed below are just beginning the store closing sales.

3101 McClelland Boulevard, Anniston, AL
      13750 Southeast Johnson Road, Milwaukie, OR
      13200 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA
      1460 French Road, Depew, NY
      1199 East Ogden Avenue, Naperville, IL
      1133 York Road, Warminster, PA
      1240 South El Paseo Drive, Las Cruces, NM
      8730 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA
      2690 Peters Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC

2. In response to bconner

It seems like the company continues to close KMart's instead of investing in some infrastructure improvements. I have shopped at the Milwaukie, OR location for years. The employees were excellent - but the store was just so old. Many folks in the area had assumed the store closed years ago. I feel bad for the dedicated employees. It's so unfair to them that SHC doesn't do more things to secure their future.

Recent Activity

See More