Question

I was charged tax on medicine at my local Kmart in PA. I did some online research and seems to me sales tax should not be applied to medicine in PA. Whom should I contact and how?

Answers

3 answers

1. Hey Rochelle13x! We did a little more research on this. You should not have been charged sales tax on your prescription medicine. Please bring your receipt in to your local Kmart and ask to speak to the manager. S/he will be able to take care of you!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

It wasn't a prescription, it was an OTC med. Still should not have been taxed. I'd prefer your response to be ... the system has been updated. NOBODY is being taxed on medications at Kmart in PA anymore.

2. Hi Rochelle13x,

Thank you for posting in they MyKmart Community!

Have you checked back with your local pharmacist on this matter? If not, please do so, and update us on their policy if they were able to explain it to you.

We are also researching on our end to see what can be taxed in regards to medications and or prescriptions in your local area.

Please check back periodically for we will be updating once we find this information for you.

Thank you!

Recent Activity

See More