Question

I quit Kmart oct 22 2013 ! I worked for them 32yrs ! I have been told by the estimate of benefits people that I would receive $77 dollars a month when I reach the age of 55 ( I am 50) ! Does that seem right ? What happen to the money that was in the Kmart pension plan before it was frozen in 1996! I was vested in 1984. I can’t get anywhere with the web site ( I have a pin) phone calls don’t help either , I have called all the numbers ! If this is true , what a disappointment ! Thanks Kmart!

Answers

4 answers

1. buy the way...my estimated benefit at age 55 is 97.00. This was a company supplied pension, meaning I did not contribute to this.

2. I worked for Kmart headquarters for 19 1/2 years, was laid off in 2001, then in 2012 was offered the pension buyout. I deferred my buyout in order to receive a monthly pension payout. I went online to see what my pension would be at age 55, but kept getting the error of "your account requires special handling". Tried many, many times to get someone on the phone, but was always unsuccessful. I finally contacted the US Department of Labor @ 1-866-444-3272 and after they contacted Sears corporate, was able to get the info online that I was looking for. My suggestion to you is... Sears/Kmart is legally obligated to the US Dept of Labor to supply them with pension reports, which if you contact them, you can get a copy of the monetary value of all pension accounts they hold.

3. Hi, lmcdow. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I am very sorry to hear you are having such a time getting help with your pension. I will be happy to help you with this further. I will email you directly with next steps as I will need to gather some contact information from you.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out here!

1. In response to laurelS

I had to contact the US Dept of Labor in order to resolve my issue, and have suggested this to Imcdow. your customer service for former Kmart employees leaves allot to be desired.

Recent Activity

See More