Question

I had a layaway and never got around to paying for it on time. I realized it was too late to get it out and went to get my money back and was told that someone had come to the layaway department and already gotten it. When I asked who it was I was told they thought it was me, I asked if they showed an id like the KMart Policy demands and the guys says maybe they forgot to ask for it. So they gave my money to somebody else and now they are refusing to refund me my cash that is due me and when I asked for the name of the district manager they would not give it to me. I have my ticket, the receipt and they owe me $50. How do I get it? How do I find out who the district manager is so I can dispute this?

policy of kmart says they will not give any layaway money or refund to anyone but the person who iniated the layaway–that’s me, I did not do any such thing. I am handicaped and have trouble getting around it is why I never could get back to the store to pay for the layaway. I asked for the district manager and was told they could not give it to me. What kind of a business is that? I want my money back, not a customer service gift card by way of them saying they are sorry for my inconvenience. Inconvenience nothing, a crime was comitted here and I demand some sort of justice! I want my money back. they had no business giving it to anyone but me. I have a friend who worked at the Kmart in Lancaster and she said it was a scam, the layaway people wait for a layaway to go past it’s pick up date and then they go in and get the money that they think no body will come back for. They figure no one will ever know, well they need to consider themselves busted because I know now and I’m a blabber mouth. I am going to blog it, facebook it, get on the phone and start from A to Z telling my friends and anybody who will listen to me, I will make some noise so you had better fix this

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear Katcontessa,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Kmart Cares team. We are terribly sorry to learn of the trouble you are currently experiencing while trying to get a refund for your canceled layaway order. Based on the information you have provided in your post, it is clear why this situation would be very concerning to you. We’d like the opportunity to look into this on your behalf, and ensure that a satisfactory resolution is quickly reached. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Katcontessa), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

2. Oh no katcontessa!

Thank you for posting your concerns in the MyKmart Community!

We would like to help you further and I have escalated your concerns to our KmartCares team. They will be able to look into this further and help to get this issue resolved.

Please check back periodically for a response, for they will be requesting further information so that they can investigate this issue.

Thank you!

Recent Activity

See More