Question

I am a former Kmart employee Mary O., I worked in the Ashtabula, Ohio store off and on for years. Now I am finding myself in a difficult situation, we are putting on a cancer benefit for my brother on June 6th. He has worked all his life and now due to his cancer , severe arthritis and copd he is unable to work any longer and although he still has his wife’s income as you know going from 2 good incomes unexpectedly down to 1 is almost impossible in this economy. That is why his family and friends are puting on this benefit so as to ease the pain of financial failure. My question is under your store policy would you consider making a donation to our benefit. Even a gift card so we can purchase the supplies for the rigatoni dinner or anything that you feel can be done . thank you for your consideration . Mary O.

Request for Benefit donation

Answers

1 answer

1. Hi, Mary. Welcome to the community and thank you for your years of service to Kmart. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. I can only imagine how difficult things are for him and your entire family. Kmart now has an automated online application process for donations. To review the Sears Holdings Charitable Donation Request Guidelines, please click here and submit a donation proposal online here.

I hope the benefit is a huge hit! Wishing your brother and your entire family all the best.