Question

Has Anyone Been Visited By the Squash Fairy Yet?

Yeah!! I figured out how to make a QUestion–thanks Laurel!
America’s version of ‘Boxing Day’: Delivering excess squash to unsuspecting neighbours.
I am finding surprises in my garden every day.
Today I found a big birdhouse ghourd in my garden. I didn’t even know I planted it. I also found a squash as round as a punkin.
Nobody’s dropped any squash on my door or in my car yet. I try to remember to lock the auto doors at this time of year. (Came back from the store last year & found 5 hubbards in my front seat. Nobody seemed to know nuthin about it, but I have my suspects!)
Anyone have any good squash recipes?

Answers

6 answers

1. Nice! Congrats on posting your very first Q, almalena!! :)

I have a squash casserole recipe I will have to dig up for ya! Stay tuned, I may have to call my grandmother for this one. :)

2. What a neat idea !
    No I haven't been visited, but once I was visited by the unruly kids, caving my trunk in with a flying pumpkin ! I was one of two that Halloween night in the Joliet area, Police said , almost twenty years ago !

1. In response to yobarps

I'm sorry to hear about that. I have never had anything bad happen around this time of year. I often see smashed punkins on the street after Halloween.
      I take my old punkins & feed them to the chickens. I put an ad up in our local store advertising that I am looking for unwanted punkins after Halloween. My chickens feast around this time of year!

2. In response to yobarps

It's okay... I no longer park on the street. When my son lived with me a few years after that incident, his car was hit head-on while parked across the street in the middle of the night ! It was knocked back ten feet, then the assailant backed into my work car, which was parked in front of my house on the street, as they tried to three-point out of the scene. This was also in the middle of the night... It's a dangerous city street because of the gas station at the end of the block ! Lots of speeding traffic because of it's shortcut over to a main street 2 blocks away :/

3. In response to yobarps

I remember living in Warren. Same thing there. Our street connected two main streets. Alot of speeding traffic. There's something to be said for cul-de-sacs.

4. In response to yobarps

So true ! Happy Friday, Almalena {^^,] !