Question

EDDIE LAMPERT SELL KMART YOUR KILLING THE LOYAL KMART FANS!!

Dear Eddie,
You keep closing kmarts some profitable for the money some not from neglect. You are destroying the remaining loyal fans that love going to a Kmart STORE not website. Please spin off the remaining kmarts or sell them to someone who actually cares about the stores. A loyal VIP platinum member who wishes Eddie never bought kmart over 10 years ago.

Answers

5 answers

1. Hi vinny101,

“Sears Holdings’ real estate strategy is in line with its overall business strategy – to increase return on assets and generate shareholder value. As a part of the ordinary course of business, we close stores for a variety of reasons. The store closures are part of a series of actions we're taking to reduce ongoing expenses, adjust our asset base and accelerate the transformation of our business model. These actions will better enable us to focus our investments on serving our customers and members through integrated retail – at the store, online and in the home. You should also know that we don’t take these decisions lightly because Kmart appreciates being a member of the community.”

Please know that we still have over 1100 Kmarts across the US serving customers every day. Most if not all of the stores that have been closed over the years were closed because they were not generating a profit. Again, these actions, while difficult, better enable us to focus our investments on serving our customers and members through integrated retail.

Thank you and we do appreciate you feedback for which has been forwarded!

2. Ow also Wendy ask if they ever plan to open a kmart store ever again? Bring in groceries to kmarts ever as well? Thanks !

3. I am also also a VIP SYWR member. I say give the company to me for just one year and I promise to turn this hot mess around like never before. I know for certain I have the knowledge to do so with over ten years of customer service in retail.

4. I agree. The management is terrible. Maybe instead of spinning off Kmart they should fire Eddie. If spinning off is an option, but say firing Eddie is not, then Kmart should merge with JCPenney. I hate seeing this downward spiral of an iconic American retailer by the name of Kmart.

1. In response to PrincessAM

Wendy please forward this thread to Eddie and/or uppermanagement. They are clueless about how loyal kmart shoppers love their stores that management keeps closing for money. I understand the ones that don't make a profit but their selling many profitable locations that is hurting kmart greatly!

Recent Activity

See More