Question

Do you still pull out your cookbooks to find recipes?

I generally use online resources to find recipes. Recently I received a cookbook and found the experience of flipping through pages and looking at photos of recipes quite fun and nostalgic. Do you still use cookbooks from time to time? What’s your favorite?

Answers

4 answers

1. When I'm on my shopping day, visiting my regular haunts, I actually look for discounted and obscure cookbooks. This way, I can have the most info on recipes that work :) ! I'm not much of a cook, but sometimes I'll get a huge hankerin' to try something out of one of them - especially if I can get my hands on all of the ingredients (or even pretty close!)..... {^^,]
    I still do alot of living out-of-the-past !

2. Same with me. I just use online resources and have completely side-lined my cookbooks. But you are right flipping through pages and looking through the amazing pics used to be fun. Maybe I should just start using them again!Thanks for reminding Laurel :)

3. Great question! We have a Joy of Cooking that I still use quite often only because it is so reliable. Also, a wonderful family cookbook that I reference a lot.

But, really I check websites more often than not for recipes. I will often just Google a favorite TV chef's name and an ingredient and see what comes up!

4. As a matter of fact, I do use my old cookbooks! I have all the pages saved that I like to use the most, plus hand written recipes handed down by family members.

My favorite recipe is "Dumplings" for when making Chicken Dumplings!

I would love to hear what others are using these days! ;)

Recent Activity

See More