Question

Do you have a good home-made recipe for Play-Doh?

I am looking for a nice simple Play-Doh recipe that is non-toxic that we can make with my grand-daughter who is almost 3.

Do you have any recipes that you would like to share that you had made before?

Another recipe that I am thinking of trying once we move to the coast in August is a Permanent Sandcastle. This is a new one on me and looks to be lots of fun that we can try out too!

Answers

2 answers

1. When my boys were younger, we used to make homemade Playdough all the time. Here is the recipe we used:

1 cup water
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1/2 cup salt
    1 tablespoon cream of tartar

I still have a couple of jars of cream of tartar around just to make the playdough. That wss the one ingredient I always forgot, so I bought 2 extras a few years ago. The other hint I can give is to stock up on food coloring! It takes a lot to make the color nice and bright.

The texture is so much softer and more fun to work with than store bought dough! Let us know what colors you end up using.

I have never seen a permanent sandcastle! That sounds like a cool project, too!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks Julie!

This sounds like a great recipe to use! All we need to get is the food coloring! I am sure the favorite colors will be pink and purple. LOL

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try it out with my grand-daughter!