Question

Do You Have a Favorite Quote To Start The New Year?

For myself, I like to find a new inspirational quote for each year.

“Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only of time over which have any control: now”  By Denis Waitley

Do you have a quote that you would like to share to bring in the New Year?

Answers

7 answers

1. Howdy, Wendy :) !

After reading all of the latest Kmart "drama" against you, as well as remembering that same drama from many posts toward Laurel's replies in the past, I have recounted only one saying from my own lips, retorted many, many times again in my shadows of the past.... "I'd rather deal with orangutans - sure, they eat leaves and occasionally throw their **** at each other when riled, but that's about the size of it for them... PEOPLE, on the other hand, are an entirely different species altogether !!!!!"

I hope that you beautiful moderators can hang in there for the long haul, weathering each trite storm and emerging unscathed as usual.... :)

And a tremendous praise from Yobarps for your troubles, My Dear Friends !

1. In response to yobarps

LOL I have not heard that saying before!

You concerns are appreciated and we as moderators continue to do the best we can in meeting the needs of our members on a daily basis. :-)

No worries yobarps!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! I am not sure as to how far away Joliet is to Chicago, are you experiencing quite a bit of snow your way too?

2. In response to yobarps

Yes, here in Joliet (approx.40 miles south) we're also getting pummeled :) ! I'm gonna have to keep at it in the driveway all day, clearing for tomorrow's drive to work...

Happy Weekend to you too, Wendy :):)
      I made up that saying, and folks close to me are tired of hearing it, lol ! (it just works SO well!)

3. In response to yobarps

Well no wonder I have not heard it before! LOL

I hope that you have a great way of clearing your driveway so it is not all physical work!

We currently have low temps and black ice, but nothing like what you are experiencing. Our only issue is re-learning how to drive on it, good way to get to know your car that's for sure!

Happy Sunday to you!

4. In response to yobarps

Happy Sunday to you as well, and be careful out there !

2. This is one of my favorites: “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela. I found this one and many other great quotes here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2014/01/02/15-quotes-to-inspire-you-to-greatness-in-2014/.

Happy New Year!

1. In response to laurelS

That's a great one Laurel!

Thank you for sharing this link! There are some really wonderful quotes listed! Really liking #4 too!

Recent Activity

See More