Question

Apple Cider

Its that awesome time of year again when that delicious fresh apple cider starts flowing, and stores start stocking the pumpkins.

Kmart is missing one thing in their stores, the apple cider! I always buy a couple pumpkins from Kmart each year and would buy cider from them too if only it would be offered.

Many Kmart stores are located near cider mills such as the Saint Johns Michigan store located by at least 3 or 4 cider mills. Would be great to see this store and others carry a bit of this locally produced cider.

I believe this store would be able to sell quite a bit of cider produced locally if it was advertised well enough because I know for a fact there are a few people who avoid going to the actual cider mill to buy it because they prefer to avoid the crowds of people that love to visit these places.

Anyone who’s interested in seeing a few neat pictures of the cider making process can do so by following the link I’m including to Uncle Johns Facebook page. I highly suggest adding this place to your “must visit” locations if you’re ever in Michigan for those who make it up this way.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uncle-Johns-Cider-Mill-Official-Page/115176058524647

Answers

8 answers

1. This is great Izel!

Thank you for sharing! I would love to visit someday for I have not been to one as of yet. It sounds like so much fun too with all the activities that are listed!

I have always found it amazing going to factories to see how some of our products are made!

I had also looked online to see if their brand is carried here in the Pacific Northwest, but am not seeing it listed. I would have loved to try a new brand!

2. I can dig the idea of bringing in more local offerings into the stores... Strange how it has become more cost-effective to drag it in from some far-away land....

A cider fan I am as well ! It's much better for us than the country's addiction to carbonated sugar water, LOL !

1. In response to yobarps

Another awesome product I've come across made by our local cider mill is the hard cider they now have available in cans! Since this Kmart near the cider mill has been increasing their offering in the alcohol isle this would be another great product to have.

Only would take a small sign out front near the road saying "Now offering local cider & produce" and people would stop in.

That huge box of pumpkins for sale Kmart usually has at their stores could also be received from local farmers, not always possible in some areas but here its very possible.

2. In response to yobarps

Another perfect idea, Izel ! Can you post the name of the mill on the cans so that we could look for it ? I would love to try that as well !

3. In response to yobarps

Here is the link to Uncle John's winery part of the business. The hard cider in cans comes in a four pack.

http://www.fruithousewinery.com/hardcider.html

4. In response to yobarps

They have a section on the page for those interested in selling the product. Come on Kmart!!! I've given you the info for the vendors to contact now lets see these products on the shelves. lol

5. In response to yobarps

Oh yum, warm Cinnamon Apple Cider sounds lovely!

We have a place here on the coast called Shore Acres where they light up the Rose Garden around Thanksgiving thru Christmas and provide warm apple cinnamon cider to those visiting.

I know it is off topic, but after reading their list of what they make, made me think of it! LOL

The apple-cherry sounds really good too!

6. In response to yobarps

Yes it does, Wendy ! The fruits of life are the best indeed :):) !

I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on some of the fruit house winery offerings ! The internet makes the world a much smaller place !
      Thanks, Izel !

Recent Activity

See More