Question

A New General Mills Hit !!!

Has anyone else tried the new Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips yet ?
WOW!- Talk about giving Doritos a run for their money ! These things are unbelievable ! I’ve tried their Zesty Cheddar variety and it is very close to the flavor of other leading chips ! Give ‘em a try !

Answers

16 answers

1. As an update, I did not find these in my store a few days ago. Sad because I was looking forward to trying something new. But I will continue to keep a look out for I am normally in there 1-2 a month.

Thanks again for sharing yobarps!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You're welcome, Wendy !
      Also as an update, I compared the nutritional value of these to NachoCheese Doritos and found that the Doritoes were actually better for you, believe it or not ! They are kind of like V8 veggie juice, in that the bulk of the taken credit for vegetables come from the main ingredient (whole corn). The Doritoes actually have less calories and fat ! Talk about a turn-around ! Also, there is less product there compared to the Doritos... In other words, I was snared by their trap... Stick to unprocessed veggies, my friends.... :D

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Wow! That is quite interesting!

Thank you for providing the additional information for I probably would not have even checked the ingredients. Sad to say, "taste" is always my deciding factor when eating anything! But as I continue to get older, my body is not agreeing with that thought process anymore! LOL

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You and me both, LOL !
      I was initially wowed by the taste, but from a perceived healthy offering, as the packaging would have us believe... One of the main reasons that I've given up snack chips in general is the 'gorging' that I used to do. My "go-to" snack is now mostly pretzels or bagel-type snacks, and I must diminish their use too as I get older...
      My 50th yr. is approaching in months, so I've decided to embrace fresh veggies, fruits and modified dairy more :):) I'd like to turn a few heads once again, LOL !
      A warm Sunday to you {^^,!

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I had just had my 50th Birthday last week so we are not to far off in age!

For the past year I have been trying to cut down on those wonderful tasty snacks, it has made a little bit of difference in stopping the weight gain thank goodness! LOL

As for veggies and fruits, these are an everyday snack that we eat in our household for we have a lively 2 1/2 year old who seems to be on a continuous growing spurt!

Another habit that I have had since my early 20's is sunflower seeds! This is a way that I can keep my hands busy and pretty much helps to cut out those other cravings. Healthy in some ways, and not so much in others! ;)

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Wow!--- we Are alike ! I practically live on sunflower seeds, enjoying them daily !
      I'm now gonna give yogurt another huge run, as well as hummus for the boring pretzels and veggies :) Thanks for the reassurance, Dear !

2. For2Day, my response to you got buried near the bottom, my precious friend :)
    And I appreciate all of your votes too, by the by {^^,] !

3. I haven't seen these in my local store, will have to look closely for them! Zesty Cheddar sounds super YUMMY!

Thanks for sharing this new find, yobarps! Super great to see you here. :)

1. In response to laurelS

You're welcome, Laurel ! I too hope to see them soon in all of our favorite K's {'',] !

4. Hi yobarps!

No! YUM!

When did these come out? I did not see them in the store last week, but then again, I was not looking specifically for them.

I am very surprised that General Mills has come out with these, I will put them on my list to see if we have them yet at our store. My family loves trying new chips, are there only the 2 types out?

Thank you for sharing yobarps!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Good Morning, Wendy !
      I found them in a large store in Chicago yesterday. They only had the Zesty Cheddar variety there, but on GenMills website it appears that they offer Garden Ranch, as well as two multi-grain sweet potato varieties (barbecue and sea salt) !
      I hope that Kmart gets them all real soon :):) !

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I see... And I'm also a big Costco fan !
      I took a stroll around Kmart.com and was so inspired as to write a review on NachoCheese flavored Doritos ! (hard to believe that I was the first :D !)
      Happy hunting ! And Happy Sunday (^^,)

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hey there, how are things? I don't have time to read now, but I have tried something from them and just can't remember exactly.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Great to see you here too, For2Day! :)

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you - I did :):):) !

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello, my precious friend ! Things are pretty good lately, and I hope that they've been the same or better for you !
      General Mills seem to be stretching they're legs and bravely competing with the others :) There's snacking room here for them all !!!

Recent Activity

See More