Tips for Outdoor Entertaining
Our best spring and summer entertaining ideas to help you create your own warm weather get-together:
- Give your good china the summer off with pretty, patterned melamine plates and platters. You won’t have any sagging or soggy paper goods, and you and your guests can go back for seconds (or thirds) with the same plate.
- Foliage snipped from the garden gives table centerpieces a loose, lush look.
- With outdoor entertaining the credo is – simple is better. Serve one-dish meals and spend more time with your guests.
- Giant umbrellas not only shield party guests from the blazing afternoon sun. Come nightfall, hanging lanterns can illuminate your table.
- Turned width-wise, traditional table runners create a casual play on placemats.
- For a casual yet stylish affair, mix upscale elements with down-home details. Burlap and bandannas mingle effortlessly with fresh flowers and herbs.
- Beverages should be self-serve. Set them atop a table or bench and use durable and colorful beverage dispensers. If you want more room, nestle bottles of soda in a garden urn filled with ice.
- A relaxed activity like croquet or a match of badminton inspires playful banter. Just make sure you’ve prepared fresh lemonade before the party!
- At party’s end, invite your guests for an evening drive in the surrounding countryside.
Thanks to our friends at Country Living for their help compiling these tips!