Best Vacuum Cleaners for the Money
A few years back, I invested in a high quality, brand name, bagless vacuum. I love everything about it except that it’s really quite heavy. With four floors to vacuum, it’s less than ideal. So, I got to thinking about purchasing another vacuum to keep upstairs – one that I can use just for bedrooms and bathrooms that I don’t have to haul up from the basement. I don’t want it to be expensive – after all, it’s for light use.
While I haven’t yet made the purchase, I thought I would share a few of my frontrunners. Before I order online, though, I’m going to “test run” these models in the store and make sure they aren’t as heavy and bulky as my current vacuum.
- Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum: Bagless vacuums – you either love them or hate them. I know plenty of people who loathe emptying the canister. While it’s not my favorite job either, I certainly value the fact that I’m never scrambling to run out and purchase more vacuum cleaner bags. To keep the mess to a minimum, I simply empty my bagless vacuum outside.
- Kenmore Bagless Upright Vacuum: Are you a pet owner? This vacuum comes equipped with a special Pet Air Turbine brush. What’s that? It’s a convenient and effective way to remove unwanted pet hair from upholstered surfaces. Sounds great to me.
- Bissell Lift-off Multicyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Whew, that’s quite a name. Here is another vacuum that markets itself to pet owners, like myself. This vacuum touts a removable canister, allowing you to access hard to reach places, in addition to a TurboBrush designed to “work like a magnet for pet hair on stairs and furniture.” Looks like this is one I should check out.
- Dirt Devil Lightweight Vacuum: This isn’t a bagless vacuum, but it’s lightweight and a great value for your money. For a second vacuum, this one looks ideal.
- Hoover Upright Vacuum: Hoover is one of the biggest names in vacuum cleaners for a reason, so I felt it was important to consider one of their more popular models. This vacuum incorporates the patented WindTunnel technology, removing embedded dirt from any floor covering. What else do I like about this vacuum? Well, it’s bagless, it’s lightweight (only 16.5 lbs.) and it has a retractable cord. I’m so tired of unknotting and unwinding the cord on my other vacuum cleaner. With this Hoover, you just tap a pedal and the 27 foot retractable cord winds up and stores neatly inside. I really like this one.