Tool Gift Guru’s Top Gift Recommendations

Our Tool Gift Guru’s are here to help for the Holidays.  Not only are they out blogging, but Frank, Chris, Carla and Bryan have put together their top favorite products to give as gifts this Holiday season.  Be sure to get that tool lover in your family the perfect gift this Christmas with a specially recommended item from a Tool Gift Guru.

Craftsman NEXTEC 12.0 Volt G2 Hammerhead

This is the perfect gift for any skilled craftsman in your home.  The Hammerhead hammer is the tool to grab when working with right angles (90 degree) awkward angles (45 degree) and straight above the head (0 degree) angles.  High speed and torque help to drive nails quickly and with minimal effort.  Some great features of this product are:

• Powered by a 12.0 Volt Die-Hard® Lithium-Ion battery for enhanced performance and longer shelf-life.
  • Hammers common and finishing nails up to 16d (3.5 inch in length) at 3600 impacts per minute
  • New venting, over-mold grip and aggressive styling looks and feels great when the tool is in your hand for an extended period of time
  • Larger LED Light directly illuminates the work areas rotating with the head
  • Fuelgauge utilizes Green, Yellow or Red LED lights to indicate the amount of charge remaining
  • Electric brake quickly stops the hammering action upon trigger release for superior control
  • 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty.

Read reviews on this item!

“The rotating head allows you to reach nails that would not be possible with a normal hammer.  The head changes angles easily and locks firmly into place.  The extremely short throw permits driving nails extremely close to things you don’t want to damage.  The battery charges very quickly and the unit runs for a long time on a single charge (depending on size of nails driven).”

Craftsman 51 pc. MAX AXESS Mechanics Tool Set

No tool-man should be without this 51 pc. Mechanics Tool Set.  Featuring an ultra thin-profile design which fits over long bolts eliminating the need for deep sockets.  Ratchet strength in this set is now up to 45% stronger than our most popular ratchet.

• Contents include 42 sockets
    • Hollow shaft handle
    • 2 Go-Thru ratchets
    • 3 standard socket adapters
    • 2 extensions and a Go-Thru adapter.
  • This set is versatile and can adapt to all standard socket sets.
  • Backed by Sears Craftsman Lifetime Warranty.

“These wrenches really work! When they say that they are stronger than the regular style wrenches, they are definately telling the truth. When I saw that this style was going to be made by Craftsman I couldn’t wait. That is why I bought them the day they came out. Its really great knowing that you don’t need any deep sockets, but if you do need a deep socket style for hard to get to bolts just pop on an extension which is hollow too. I’ve seen others talk about how they feel light and cheap. Well duh there is a lot of material removed! The wrenches have a solid feel and are comfortable in your hands. I’m slowly using these more than my regular set, plus I usually keep them in my car/truck because the set is so compact. You can really pound on these. Even though they don’t have a square drive the round design will still be strong because it bites at a bigger radius thus allows less shear at the same amount of torch (physics guys know what I’m talking about.

The only con I have is that the sockets fit slightly loose. Don’t get me wrong they stay in place until you pull them out, but they just have a wobble effect. Not much, but it is probably an outcome of the design. 5 stars for these wrenches and Craftsman!”

Craftsman CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool

Maybe the tool lover in your life spends most of their time in the garage working with cars.  The Powerful OBD2 tool quickly reveals Check Engine light warnings on any 1996 and newer car, light truck or SUV – Foreign and Domestic. This great product includes features like:

• Automatic refresh updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle an easy way to verify repair completion
  • Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)
  • Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network),
  • Displays Freeze Frame Data
  • Unit can be flash updated with a standard Windows PC (OBD-PC Link software required / included with tool)
  • Memory / Battery backup for off-car review and analysis

“We had the check engine light on and were worried about all the things it could be. Instead of wasting money at the garage we bought this scanner. Within five minutes we knew exactly what the problem was. I would highly recommend this product, it is so easy to use and can save you a lot of hassle and money in the long run.”

Craftsman 125th Anniversary 3/8″ Drive Thin Profile Collectible Ratchet

Don’t miss our 125 year celebration by letting this collectible ratchet sell out before you get one.   The engraved ratchet head commemorates the 125 anniversary of Sears and comes in a solid walnut case. This unique collectible is available for a limited time in limited quantities.  Features inlcude:

• 125th anniversary ratchet, solid walnut storage case
  • Engraved with Sears 125th Anniversary on ratchet head and on case
  • Made in the USA
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Weight: 2 lbs.

Craftsman 3-Piece Premium Grade Ratchet Set

Does your Craftsman lover have the perfect ratchet set yet? This Craftsman 3-Piece Premium Grade Set features long ergonomic handles increase torque and comfort.  A perfect addition to any tool-man’s tool collection, this set advanced technology uses a simple design with fewer components for less wear & tear.

• Includes 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and 1/2 inch Premium Ratchets
  • Sealed heads to keep dirt and other contaminants out of the ratchet mechanism
  • 84-tooth gear allows 4.5-degree arc swing for improved access in tight spaces
  • Lifetime Warranty.

“These are really professional grade ratchets.  These have a very nice chrome plating on them which makes it easier for cleanup if you get them greasy.  The handles are longer then the standard ones, which means you can get some real good leverage on them for those stuck bolts.  Also the handles are bigger and more comfortable then the narrow ones standard ratchets have.  I also think the handle feels better then the “thin profile” series.  These have a very small ratcheting arc which allows you to get bolts off more easily and quickly.  The head of the rachets are extremly thin as well.

I opened these up when I got them to see who these actually worked.  The operation is similar to the “thin profile” series and the “universal” ratchet.  What that means is you will have a stronger ratcheting action and more teeth making contact between the main gear and the selector switch.  The stronger ratchet action won’t “fade” or get “loose” like people complain with the standard ratchets.  The way the gears work means you are less likely to “break” it.  Finally this is truly a sealed ratchet meaning you won’t have likely have grease, dirt, and other crud getting in the ratchet and messing it up.  Yes the set of three is expensive but if ratchet everyday you will like these ratchets.  Even if you won’t use these on a daily basis, these are the Cadillacs of the Craftsman ratchets and are worth the upgrade over standard ones any day of the weak.  I do hope that in the future there will be a flex version of these, which would rock!”

ShopYourWay Post Email icon