Smart Safety Tips!
National Safety week is here! To help celebrate this Kmart has put together a few safety tips and suggestions every homeowner and parent should know. Be sure to stop by your local Kmart store to visit with local safety (police, fire and paramedic) experts the weekend of October 8-9 from 10am-4pm.
- Install a smoke alarm on every level of your home and in each bedroom.
- Always keep a home fire extinguisher readily accessible, especially by the kitchen.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors but never above fuel-burning or cooking appliances.
- Put children in car seats or booster seats until they’re 8 years old, unless they’re taller than 4’9″.
- Only use hardware mounted gates at the top of stairways.
- Cover outlets that are not in use with plastic safety covers.
- Keep jumper cables in your car at all times.
- Replace all four tires with snow tires, only replacing two can be dangerous.