Skinny Summer Cocktails Perfect for Your Next Summer Get-Together

Not many things quench your thirst on a hot summer’s day like a freshly mixed cocktail. The only problem? Most mixed drinks pack on the pounds with hundreds of calories and even more sugar. So what’s a girl to do when what she wants is a drink? Try swapping out some of your normal cocktails with a few ‘skinny’ versions that are equally as delicious.

The Skinny Paloma

Ingredients:

• 1.5 oz. Tequila
  • 5-6 oz. Diet Squirt
  • Grapefruit

Palomas are a tequila-based cocktail sweetened by grapefruit juice. If you’re using a grapefruit juice from a bottle, the sugar and calories skyrocket. Instead of juice, consider swapping in a diet grapefruit soda. The soda gives it a little extra kick and brings the calories down to only 96. Mix all of the ingredients together and add a squeeze of a real grapefruit to add an extra grapefruit kick. You can garnish with a lime to add more of a sour flavor. Pair this skinny drink with your favorite salsa for a Mexican-inspired pool day.

The Skinny Peach Palmer

Ingredients:

• 1.5 oz. Peach Vodka
  • 3 oz. Crystal Light Tea
  • 3 oz. Crystal Light Lemonade

Think of an Arnold Palmer with a light peachy twist. Crystal Light makes light versions of their tea and lemonade that when mixed together create the perfect mixer for the peach vodka. This drink is so refreshing, you’ll want to indulge in more than one and at 96 calories you won’t feel bad reaching for another! Schedule an outdoor BBQ with your friends and pair this drink with citrus-inspired meals from the grill for the perfect summer combo.

Enjoying a summer cocktail doesn’t mean packing on the pounds. Try substituting one of these low-cal cocktails for your typical sugary drinks. Are you a fan of any other skinny cocktails? Share the recipes in the comments!

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. I have indulged on my version of a Paloma Margarita once or twice in my life, LOL, but it definitely wasn't the skinny variety !!

These sound very appealing for any occasion {^^, !

2. Love a drink with grapefruit juice in it! Makes it not too sweet and perfect for summer. That The Skinny Paloma is right up my alley!