Chesapeake’s Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Back when I was in school in Maryland, we roasted pumpkin seeds with an “Oceanside” spin to them. Thought I would share this unique way of making roasted pumpkin seeds.
Chesapeake’s Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe – Large Pumpkin
- Time for the messy and fun part — Remove the seeds from your Pumpkin and rinse them with water in a colander.
- Put your cleaned seeds in a large bowl of COLD water and add 1-2 tablespoons of sea salt. Let them soak in the fridge overnight. This will help you digest the seeds better.
- Pour out the salt water and rinse them with fresh water and then drain and shake with a colander.
- Put the seeds in a bowl and add 1+ tablespoons of REAL olive oil and sprinkle in Old Bay Seasoning and sea salt to your liking. Don’t go crazy with the Old Bay’s.
- Spread the seeds on a baking sheet so there is only ONE layer.
- Put your bounty into your oven around 300º F for 45 minutes. WATCH and SHAKE the sheet every 5-10 minutes so you don’t burn them. Ha! A cooking timer is helpful. Enjoy! – JJ:)
We would love it hear about it.