Top 5 Couples Costume Ideas for Halloween 2013

Halloween-zombie-costumeHalloween celebrations and adult parties will be coming soon, so it’s a great time to plan your couples costume ideas before everything is picked clean at the stores. Although spooky-themed parties with ghoulish food and drinks are always a good time, it’s really the creative costumes that crank up the fun and excitement. Since Halloween is fast approaching, it will leave many couples scrambling to find costumes that are both trendy and interesting.

A themed couple’s costume is always the best idea. With many different and unique costumes available for couples themes, you can make your Halloween celebration much more fun. Besides, everything is better in twos, right?

Here are some great couples costume ideas for this Halloween.

Couples Costume Ideas

If you don’t know what type of costume would work best for two people, don’t worry. Instead, take a look at these 5 costume ideas below. Each option is popular, trendy and current. Use these ideas to help you decide what type of costume would be right for you and Walking-Dead-costumeyour significant other, or friend.

The Walking Dead

If you somehow haven’t heard of it, The Walking Dead is a TV show with a cult-like following. Its popularity has soared over the last year, too. Considering the show is based on zombies and the apocalypse, it’s already a shoe-in for a Halloween costume that’s guaranteed to turn some heads!

To pull this look off, have one person dress like a main character from the show and have the other dress like a zombie. Just be careful not to eat anyone’s brain!

Flapper-costume1920s themed

Couples-hippie-costumeNo joke, the 1920s are are a pop culture favorite right now, with movies and TV show like The Great Gatsby, Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey all gaining popularity.

If you’ve got a fascination for this time period like millions of others, this is the perfect year to dress as a prohibition-era couple for a Halloween party.

A gangster and flapper is the perfect idea, but Charlie Chaplin and Greta Garbo would be a great choice, too.

80s themed

The 80s are coming back with a vengeance. Why not bring them back in style with an 80s themed costume? The good news here is that you can get as creative or as crazy as you want! From a guitar player in a hair band with a groupie by his side to a hippie couple and everything in between, there is no limit to what you can do.

You can find a variety of prepackaged 80s themed costumes or you can try coming up with your own look by piecing together different clothing and accessories. No matter what you decide to do, you will definitely be bringing the 80s “back to the future.”

Batman and Robin

Women's-Robin-costumeEveryone knows the Gotham City hero and his trusty sidekick. A fan favorite every Halloween, the duo is back again as another popular costume that everyone is chasing after this year. Put on your best Batman and Robin impression as you fight your way through the crowd for another cup of punch. You can show off your awesome crime fighting and bat-like skills, too!

Want to flip this costume idea on its back? Try finding another character to go with Batman, such as Catwoman or another villain. It’s just another way to get creative and have fun with this idea!

Emerald-witchOz the Great and Powerful

One of the most beloved movies of all time made a comeback this year when director Sam Raimi took a shot at making a new movie from the great Oz franchise. The most obvious choice for a couples’ Oz-themed Halloween costume would be the Wizard of Oz and Wicked Witch, two iconic characters from both movies.

But you could always go throwback to the original as Dorothy and Toto or Glinda and any of Dorothy’s three companions, the Tin Man, Scarecrow or Cowardly Lion. Click your heels three times and repeat after me:

“There’s no holiday like Halloween!”

What will you and your significant other or friend be dressing as this Halloween. Tell us in the Comments section below.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. My daughter was going to go as a Vamp-ress, but after seeing this Witch she has changed her mind. All we need is the hat for she decided to keep her skull leggings and have hemmed up the long gown she has and she is now good to go!

I for one am still dressing up as a Vampire for which my grand-daughter has chosen for me this year! lol

2. Love the Walking Dead idea! We aren't going to dress up this year but if we were, this would be my top pick!