Secret Santa Visits Michigan Kmart

/

Yesterday a colleague of mine sent an article to me that got me all teary (in a good way!) A generous customer came into one of our Michigan Kmart stores and asked to make a couple payments on some layaway bills that were outstanding – she only asked that they have toys included on the bill. I’ve heard of this happening in the past, but it’s amazing to hear that the tradition is still carrying on. It’s been such a tough year for so many people and it’s wonderful to know that people out there still care… and are creating a little Christmas magic for others.

I’m not sure who the person was that played Secret Santa for three lucky families… but I want to thank them for it and wish them a very Merry Christmas!

See the full article here.  If you have any similar Christmas tales you’d like to share with us, post a comment to this blog and let us know. We’d love to hear them.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. Tis the season! It feels so good to give. We don't all have the ability to give monetarily, or even physically, but we each can give in one way or another. Open the door for someone, say "Have a Good Day" (and mean it), BE NICE, Smile, just be happy...it is contagious.

2. Amen to that....

3. For the lady that gave the gifts of love. That was wonderful thing of kindness and love. You mush have a heart of gold.

Here is a wonderful story about a girl with a dream,

My granddaughter has this friend that needed a dress for a party, but she couldn't afford it. She came over and she was crying she had seen the dress that I bought for my granddaughter for this party.
    She said that she wished that she were lucky enough to get a dress like my granddaughters.
    I told her I would buy her a dress and she said no that wouldn't be right, but thanks any ways.
    The next day I went shopping at K-Mart/Sears and bought her a beautiful dress too. When I printed the picture of the dress and showed her it. Her face was teared with joy, she even made me cry.
    Today the dress came and in plenty of time for the party.
    I'm happy that I bought her this beautiful dress. I'm glad that I gave a special girl her dream to have a beautiful dress.

Merry Christmas everyone

4. If I had money i would do the same thing too. It feels great to put a smile on peoples faces and to the lady that did that wonderful thing I hope God gives her ten times more!

5. That is really nice!! It is a nice thing to do especially at this time of year.

6. It is truley amazing (and wonderful) to hear of people like that out there still. Where I am living now there are a bunch of unhappy people ( in their lives, jobs, relationships, or whatever the case). But this story made me miss where I am from in California, those were the kind of people you met everyday. Thank you very much for sharing this with everyone, it has made me consider going back home for the holidays.

7. The kindness this lady showed was sincere and being secretive about it made it even more compassionate and caring. This is what Christmas is all about.. love, caring, happiness, sharing and giving. This lady surely has her place in heaven one day. God Bless You whomever you are and may you acts of kindness be passed on to others that will start to do the same. Merry Christmas!

8. THE MICHIGAN STORE NEED TO PUT A BIG SIGN UP GIVING THANKS TO THE SECRET SANTA FOR BEING KIND TO ITS CUSTOMERS....JUST TO LET HIM OR HER KNOW THAT THEY ARE APPRECIATED.

THERE ARE STILL SOME ANGELS WALKING AROUND ON EARTH

9. Amazing story. Reminds me of the folks who leave gold coins in the Salvation Army kettles.

10. I heard this on the radio yesterday. This lady said that she has been doing this every year since 15 years or so and she is paying 5 Kmart Layaway each year!