Budget Christmas Present Ideas
When money is tight, there are plenty of budget Christmas ideas for every member of your family. You can choose a gift to be proud of even if you have only $10 to spend.
Consider the following ideas for the men and women on your shopping list:
- Adult women. Two things you need to know about women: They love to pamper themselves, and they collect jewelry. For less than $10, you can buy a pair of plush “fuzzy” socks and pair them with a foot moisturizer or exfoliater to make a gift set. Even if you can’t afford to buy jewelry, you can probably afford a pretty jewelry tree or jewelry box with prices beginning at $15.
- Adult men. It’s no secret that men like the latest gadgets and sports. Impress your guy with an LED flashlight for around $10. Another budget-saving idea is to find a beer mug (or set) with the logo of his favorite sports team for less than $20. Every time there’s a game on TV, he’ll think of you.
Holiday gift ideas for teens
Teens are very specific about what they like and don’t like. It’s always a good idea to find out a little about your teen’s interests and tastes before buying something. The following ideas are general suggestions:
- Teenage girls. Most young teens aren’t quite ready yet for mature makeup, but for $10 you can buy several tinted lip balm sticks and put them inside a pretty pouch to carry in a backpack. A budget-friendly flat iron travel pouch will come in handy for older teens on the go.
- Teenage boys. Find a young teen’s favorite poster of a sports figure or movie as an impressive gift for his bedroom wall for less than $15. Older teenagers with iPhones or other “techy” treasures might appreciate a new case for their favorite technology.
Kids at this age usually want to appear older than they really are and try to mimic the “coolness” of their older siblings. Budget Christmas ideas for tweens include these popular ideas:
- Tween girls. A set of “finger friends” fingernail stickers can be bought for less than $10 in patterns such as animals and butterflies. Craft kits are another hot item for tween girls, such as a friendship bracelet kit, also less than $10.
- Tween boys. Many boys love to play board games, and you can buy most of them for less than $20. Another popular holiday gift idea for boys includes a parent-approved video game, which start at around $20.