Seven Reasons to Love Cycling!

By Sarah Stanley

This is the National Bike month and just to think of it biking has so many things going for it. It’s non-polluting and cheaper than driving. As a form of workout, it’s easy on the joints and works your biggest muscles. And as recreation, it’s relaxing and good for the whole family. Check out the different reasons for loving your bike even more!

I know what’s it like to be on a bike for 300 miles—I’m an ultra-endurance athlete. Thankfully, cycling is one of my passions. Why do I love it? Let me count the ways:

1. I love…my bike. It’s a blue Trek WSD 5000. I’ve had it for five years.

2. I love…powering my bike with my legs. It makes me feel strong and powerful.

3. I love…the two-wheeled point of view. It’s fun seeing the world from a bike seat.

4. I love…the environmental benefits. Sure, it takes some careful planning to get where you want to go. But it feels good to know that you arrived at your destination via sweat versus gas.

5. I love…speed! Some people geek out over the latest high-heeled shoe. I geek out about going over the posted speed limit.

6. I love…clipping in to the bike before I ride. It’s a signature feature that only cyclists know.

7. I’ve learned to love…my helmet. It may not always look “pretty,” but it protects you. Please always wear one when you ride!

What do you love about cycling?

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. I love bicycling with the family in the summertime. One of my favorite activities.

http://www.drperrone.com