Garden Solutions Center Blogs

Take your passion for gardening to the next level with inspired posts.

Gifts for Gardeners

Like most people, I do like to shop. But in order for me to love shopping I want it to be easy and enjoyable. So I shop when the store is less crowded or go online, and always with a list in hand and a purpose in mind.

Getting a gift for a gardener can be easy and enjoyable as well. Gardeners are always in need of a quality tool, new gloves or other garden essentials that help them create a more healthy and beautiful outdoor space.

From garden hats and gloves to indispensable tools and garden accessories, you’ll find a cornucopia of great gifts at your local Kmart or Kmart’s online store. And if you’re not sure what that “perfect gift” is, here are a handful of gift ideas that any gardener will enjoy, whether they are just beginning or are a seasoned pro.

For the beginning gardener

These newbie’s needs are many, especially when it comes to quality hand tools. Create a custom gift by filling a planter or garden tote with basic essentials designed for precision, performance, and comfort, such as a cushioned kneeling pad, garden gloves, and this Black & Decker 3 pc. Garden Set . Garden books or a subscription to a garden magazine is another great gift and your local Kmart or online store has many options from which to choose.

For the kitchen gardener

Gift ideas for this group of growers includes items from garden to kitchen table. Got a gardening friend that loves growing tomatoes? They can never have enough tomato trellises, trust me. How about a good cutting board and a pair of pocket pruners or kitchen shears inside a harvest basket? I especially like the chromed steel and wood oversink kitchen cutting board.

For the organic gardener

Any organic gardener will always appreciate a wheelbarrow and bag of compost. But organic gardeners also rely on natural controls to keep their garden in shape, and our feathered friends are one of the best ways to control pest insects. Gift items that encourage their presence include bird houses and bird baths along with bird feeders and seeds. And if squirrels are an issue, then opt for a squirrel proof feeder like this Perky-Pet Squirrel Stumper.

For the chaotic gardener

Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy makes it easy to carry all of your essentials when you’re out in the garden. It fits snugly on a five-gallon bucket and has plenty of large and deep pockets for storing tools, gloves, seeds, labels, a drink, or even a cell phone. Add the five-gallon bucket, a few seeds and labels to get them started. That way all they need to do is grab the outfitted bucket and everything they need is right at hand, including a bucket to sit on and a place to put their harvested produce or garden trimmings.

For the fashionista

Dial up the style on gifts for the garden along with wearable art for gardeners. Wind chimes are both chic and practical, with beautiful sounds ranging from pleasantly tropical to sweetly melodic. Outdoor clocks, thermometers and rain gauges help define fashion in the garden. And any gardening fashionista always appreciates a garden hat and gloves that set the trends for comfort and style.

One gift that I feel no gardener should be without are the Sloggers Garden Shoe. More like a clog, these comfortable garden shoes are fun, colorful and extremely comfortable. Just slip the shoes on and you’re good to go in any kind of weather. What’s more, they are 100 percent waterproof–just hose them off to clean!

Read Kris’ Recent Blogs & Guides

° 7 ways to winterize your garden NEW & HOT!

° Roasting a Turkey

° Holiday Decorating ideas with Winter Blooms 

° Slow cooker chicken recipe & tips

° Fall Decor with ghostly plants

° Pumpkin Carving ideas & Wetherbee’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe-

° Growing Garlic & Wetherbee’s Roasted Garlic Red Potatoes Recipe

° How to Make Herb-Infused Vinegar & Wetherbee’s White Bean Salad Recipe

° Gardening Tools for Fall – Wetherbee’s Must Haves 

° Dehydrating Food & Wetherbee’s Dried Cherry Almond Muffins

° Winter Squash Tips & Wetherbee’s Spaghetti Squash Recipe

° Harvest Tips for Peak of Flavor & Garden Fresh Salsa

Kmart Garden Tool(s)

° Lawn Garden Outdoor Tools Supplies

kris wetherbee

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. That Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy sounds like a great gift! I think I'm going to get one for me too!! Sure are a lot of great gift ideas here!! Thanks!

Ask the Expert