Community : Site Feedback & Suggestions

• Why Not Answer it?

• I’m so disappointed in Kmart. I’ve not been to a store in probably 15 years and yesterday I needed an ice scraper. While I was in the store I noticed that there is a leasing program and decided that I would just lease a television instead of putting it on a credit card as I’m not really sure if I’ll need one long-term. After applying with someone I was told my application was not approved and it was probably due to an address mismatch. The sales guy (who was very nice) gave me a phone number and said to call them and it would be easy to straighten out. Well yesterday when I called the message at the number he gave me was Why Not Lease It saying they weren’t taking calls on Black Friday? I have tried again several times and get the exact same message? How exactly should I contact this company? Further, should I even trust my private information with a company that A) Can’t update a message from over a week ago and B) I can’t contact if I need them.

On top of all of this hassle, when I went to check out it wasn’t busy but there were literally 3 check out lines open on a Sunday and apparently you can set up Layaway at any register so they were all processing layaway orders. A $3 dollar ice scraper should not take 20 minutes to purchase. I honestly should have known better than to give Kmart another chance.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, stevenrm78. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I am very sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. The Why Not Lease It phone customer service team is currently experiencing an extremely high call volume. Please feel free to email the team at kmart@whynotleaseit.com. I am also sorry to hear about your wait time for check out at your local Kmart. Please reply with the store location (address, city) and I will be happy to share your experience with the appropriate management team.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here!

Hi…It was the store on Addison and Belmont in Chicago. As for the leasing company, they have failed to even update their phone message; maybe you should call the number and listen. I have emailed and of course I’ve heard nothing back. Being busy is honestly not an excuse for not having an option for your customer’s to call a service you’re providing. Further, if you call the main number for Why Not Lease it and press the option for an individual customer it immediately disconnects you, however if you press the option for a retailer you enter a hold (granted I didn’t wait for this because I gave up after 10 minutes).

In short, this company represents Kmart and I find it disappointing that it’s acceptable to not have an option for customers to talk with a live person and that I’ve been waiting 13 hours for a return email.

Hi…It was the store on Addison and Belmont in Chicago. As for the leasing company, they have failed to even update their phone message; maybe you should call the number and listen. I have emailed and of course I’ve heard nothing back. Being busy is honestly not an excuse for not having an option for your customer’s to call a service you’re providing. Further, if you call the main number for Why Not Lease it and press the option for an individual customer it immediately disconnects you, however if you press the option for a retailer you enter a hold (granted I didn’t wait for this because I gave up after 10 minutes).

In short, this company represents Kmart and I find it disappointing that it’s acceptable to not have an option for customers to talk with a live person and that I’ve been waiting 13 hours for a return email.

Hi stevenrm78. I completely agree, being busy is not an excuse. I have reached out to the greater Kmart team for additional support with a Why Not Lease It contact line and will certainly update you with any additional information and resources I am able to to provide for you ASAP. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as I work to provide additional resources for you.

Forums Community Site Feedback & ... Why Not Answer it?

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in