Chit Chat : Black Friday

• Thanksgiving and Black Friday Holiday Hours

• Who’s ready for Black Friday shopping? In case you are planning your Black Friday shopping now, be sure to make note of Kmart’s Holiday hours!

Kmart will be open from 6 a.m. on Nov. 28 to 11 p.m. on Nov. 29.

Click here to learn more about Black Friday at Kmart!

Are you planning to shop Black Friday this year? What Black Friday deals will you be shopping for?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Making my lists but none of my plans involve spending a single dime in Kmart. Not now, not ever. Kmart’s plan to be open all day Thanksgiving is sickening and proves Kmart no longer has any values towards families,and the families of employees. I don’t believe for a minute that everyone working in your stores on a national holiday (a holiday that was once a day that most people had the day off to be with families) is there because they graciously “volunteered”. Kmart may get its crowds for its one day out of the year but it is the poor image of no family values that day to day consumers will remember and that will cause a continued downward spiral in the company by decreases in same store sales. I nor will my family shop at Kmart ever again. This company is morally bankrupt and will most likely be financially bankrupt in a few years following.

Making my lists but none of my plans involve spending a single dime in Kmart. Not now, not ever. Kmart’s plan to be open all day Thanksgiving is sickening and proves Kmart no longer has any values towards families,and the families of employees. I don’t believe for a minute that everyone working in your stores on a national holiday (a holiday that was once a day that most people had the day off to be with families) is there because they graciously “volunteered”. Kmart may get its crowds for its one day out of the year but it is the poor image of no family values that day to day consumers will remember and that will cause a continued downward spiral in the company by decreases in same store sales. I nor will my family shop at Kmart ever again. This company is morally bankrupt and will most likely be financially bankrupt in a few years
    following.

Kmart has been open on Thanksgiving most of the past few years. And I’m absolutely sure most workers get paid extra for working on Thanksgiving. And usually they have a few less people working on Thanksgiving. This is just a plan to try and increase sales.

Some workers rather spend time with families/ friends during the holiday. I have read articles suggesting some stores are not honoring time off requests for the holiday. Kmart is getting way way desperate and in the long run will backfire. Being closed for a few hours will not hurt Kmart any more than it is hurting already. Give retail workers a small break. Reminds me of a Christmas Carol with Scrooge (aka Kmart).

Making my lists but none of my plans involve spending a single dime in Kmart. Not now, not ever. Kmart’s plan to be open all day Thanksgiving is sickening and proves Kmart no longer has any values towards families,and the families of employees. I don’t believe for a minute that everyone working in your stores on a national holiday (a holiday that was once a day that most people had the day off to be with families) is there because they graciously “volunteered”. Kmart may get its crowds for its one day out of the year but it is the poor image of no family values that day to day consumers will remember and that will cause a continued downward spiral in the company by decreases in same store sales. I nor will my family shop at Kmart ever again. This company is morally bankrupt and will most likely be financially bankrupt in a few years
    following.

Kmart has been open on Thanksgiving most of the past few years. And I’m absolutely sure most workers get paid extra for working on Thanksgiving. And usually they have a few less people working on Thanksgiving. This is just a plan to try and increase sales.
    [/quote]
    Of course its a plan to increase sales! A rather poor one as it has gotten harsh backlash from consumers. Kmart has given itself another black eye. Perhaps if they marketed their stores and pulled their dilapidated stores out of the 80s they wouldent have to resort to such foolishness. They were open most of day last year but guess what? Poor sales performance and drop in same store simage Kmart’s biggest problem is its image and forcing employees to work all day on Thanksgiving does not help that image.

Forums Chit Chat Black Friday Thanksgiving and Bla...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in