Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• Refusal to refund money

• On 11/21/13 I made an online payment to my law a way contract at that time my first payment was not processed it came back with an error to try again so I redid my payment and it was processed and I received an email with my receipt. That day my bank account showed 2 payments were taken from my account but only one was showing up on my layaway.

I contacted customer service and they told me to wait 2-3 days and see if it gets reversed back to my account. On day 3 I contacted my bank to verify that the payment was made to Kmart, and it was. I called back and was told that they would get my complaint to the IT department and they will get back to me in 2 days, I never heard from them so I called back.

This time I was told that the dispute was closed and a check was mailed and I should receive it in 5-7 business days. 10 business days later and no check, big surprise. I called back again. This time I was told the dispute was closed and it wasn’t there problem, I needed to contact the store. Well the store cant do anything because its an online payment. Then they told me to dispute it with my bank but the bank can’t do anything because the payment was made to kmart like it was suppose to.

I called again today and I was told that both payments are showing up in there system and only one was applied to my layaway account. however they can not refund my money I have to have the bank dispute the charge and then they will be happy to refund my money.

You can bet that a complanint will be filled with the BBB and I have already cut up the rewards card and I will never shop at a kmart or sears again.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and are truly sorry for what you have been experiencing with your layaway payment.

To help you further on this issue I am putting you in contact with our Kmart Cares team. They will be able to help in assisting by providing you with a dedicate case manager who will work with you until resolved.

Please know that I will be reaching out via email once our team responds directing you back for contact. Your phone will be sent to the Kmart Cares team and will be removed from our public website to protect your privacy as well as security.

Your concerns are very important to us, and we thank you for sharing your feedback with us on this matter.

Dear, war41601

We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience surrounding your layaway purchase. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We realize how valuable your time is, and we are truly sorry for the frustration that this has caused you with the refund of your online payment. We would like to offer the assistance of a personal case manager who can assist you in getting this matter resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at kmsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (war41601), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks you,
    Mina H.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

Forums Community Report Bugs & Tr... Refusal to refund mo...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in