Interests & Hobbies : Food & Cooking

• Pumpkin recipes!

• Tis the season for pumpkin! :) What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Do you carve a real pumpkin and use the inside for cooking? I love roasted pumpkin seeds!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • My kids are kind of obsessed with this pumpkin bread I have been making. SUPER simple for me to whip up, and they love it. It smells great when it’s cooking, too! I think I have made it 3 times in the last month!

I have never used a pumpkin to cook with. Would like to one day-just haven’t gotten around to it. Pumpkin seeds are SOOO tasty-perfect combination of salt and crunch!

We carve pumpkins every year and of course the best part is baking the seeds!

I am really thinking that I want to try cooking the inside this year. I have never done so and have found a great recipe for pumpkin pie for this!

I have a gluten free, dairy free Pumpkin Cupcake free recipe that’s to die for. The only problem is they are best right out of the oven… so a batch of 12 is usually gone within an hour.

We carve pumpkins every year and of course the best part is baking the seeds!

I am really thinking that I want to try cooking the inside this year. I have never done so and have found a great recipe for pumpkin pie for this!

I simply love those seeds, Wendy ! I’m always on hand to taste-test your pumpkin pie too ! Heavy on the nutmeg :)

I am not the best cook yobarps, but I would gladly share with all!

I am also very curious as to Casey’s recipe and would love to try that too. We had found out not to long ago that gluten free might be good for my daughters fibermyalgia, but it sure is hard trying to get a 25 year old to change their eating habits. UUGGHH!

That pain is real, and it may force her hand in food selection… But don’t I know how hard it is to walk that line, LOL ! Even having my gout under control with medication, I am still absurdly careful to watch my seafood intake, remembering that pain :/

I’ll bet that your creations are heavenly, Wendy !

LOL Uh no, my creations are edible! My hope is that I can start her off with small gluten free meals and go from there. Day at a time that’s for sure!

I had no idea that seafood can cause issues for gout. I thought it was all supposed to be good for the body, but of course I am not one to eat much of it, but my daughter is. I have heard that it is a very painful issue to have and I am happy to hear that you are doing better in controlling it. :-)

Yes, shellfish, caviar, organ meat (kidney, liver, etc.), alcohol, anything that’s high in purine, which drives up uric acid levels…

Thanks for the concern ; I keep an eye out for it now ! And have a scary evening, like I plan to have ! Our movie talk has stirred me to view something frightening tonight :}

I have a gluten free, dairy free Pumpkin Cupcake free recipe that’s to die for. The only problem is they are best right out of the oven… so a batch of 12 is usually gone within an hour.

Casey – Please share the recipe. I am dying to try these!

Has anyone tried the pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer? Oh my goodness, it is SO yummy! Not healthy or natural, but boy is it tasty. I splurged and bought a container to try after seeing a commercial and I am not sorry I splurged on this one!

Forums Interests & Hobb... Food & Cooking Pumpkin recipes!

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in