Community : Site Feedback & Suggestions

• Poor Business Practice

• I ordered an item from Kmart.com. My order was cancelled and when I called to find out why, I was advised that the item is out of stock. The same product is listed on Sears.com for $27 more.

1. Why is the item on Kmart.com if it is out of stock?
    2. Why is it $27 more at Sears.com?

It should not have been listed online if it was out of stock, and doesn’t appear to be out of stock if sears.com has it. I understand that Sears does price matching, so there should not be an issue with shipping it for the kmart price.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, didonhe. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I am very sorry to hear your order was cancelled. I would like to put you in contact with our Customer Care Team to address your questions and concerns further. The Team will reply to you directly on this page. Once the Team responds here, I will send you an email to let you know the Team responded.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and providing the opportunity for us to help!

Didonhe, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Kmart Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this situation. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with your being cancelled. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (didonhe), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MyKmart Community Moderator

I have been shopping at Sears and Kmart for many years. I often utilize layaway as an avenue to purchase items so I can budget my expenditures more effectively. Recently, I put an item on layaway online (September 2013), Galaxy S3 Tablet 7.0. I paid it off and picked it up this past Saturday, November 16, 2013 at Kmart Store 4308 in Wauwatosa, WI. When I went to the store to pick up my item, the layaway department was in disarray. There were numerous customers that were there to place items and to pick up items and there were not enough sales people to handle the crowds. Once I obtained my item I then went home excited to use my new tablet. The problem came when I turned my tablet on. I could not use it because someone had been using it already and had a lock code on the tablet. If you are familiar with the Galaxy products, in order to use the product you have to register the product as soon as it powers up or it will be useless. I could not use this product because someone had been using it. There is no way to reset the tablet to factory defaults. After further inspection of the product packaging, it was quite apparent that my layaway had been used recently and was not kept in a place for safe keeping after purchase.

My concern is simple. This is a product that I had on layaway. Now, if the product is put aside once the customer places the item on layaway, it should never be used after that is my assumption. I also would assume that when I placed my online order, I was purchasing an item that was new and not used. This product had been used recently and it had a full charge on it so this means that the tablet was used within the last week or so.

My next concern is also simple. When I went back to the store to return my item, I was told to go to first the electronics department then sent back to the customer service area at the front of the store. Kmart’s store in Wauwatosa is lacking customer service. The front line sales staff was rude and blatantly disregarded the customers that were there needing help. There was another customer who was present and the sales staff was making jokes in front of the customer because of her last name, which was difficult to pronounce and was a foreign last name. When the “customer service” personnel finally got to me after discussing their plans for the weekend and all sorts of items that did not pertain to the store, I was instructed there was nothing that I could do other than return the item that I had placed on layaway since September. I asked if there was another tablet on the sales floor and also inquired if there was one at another store and I was told there were no more anywhere.

As a customer and as a former retail sales person, I found this to be quite alarming. I recently read an article that discussed that the revenue for both Sears and Kmart is down. I truly can understand why this is the case. If your stores don’t carry products, your customers will go elsewhere to purchase the items. Simple economics. And since we are just a week shy of the biggest shopping day of the year, I found it very disturbing that your stores did not carry nor had any in stock of an item that many people are purchasing. I had to go to Target which is about a mile away to get the product that I wanted and where there were knowledgeable sales people on hand and plenty of stock to choose from. Most importantly, the product was in good shape and was in an unopened package, unlike the one that I purchased on layaway from your store.

Moving forward, I would like to attempt to continue shop at Kmart, maybe, the jury is still out on this. I currently still have several items on layaway and pray that they will not be used when I get them. If this happens again, I will no longer be a loyal Kmart/Sears shopper. I have tried to contact customer service but obviously the customer service personnel on the telephone are not stateside and my complaint will not be heard. I will post this letter via social networks as well as other media outlets. I hope that your management staff will eventually get the hint that in order to improve the bottom line, you must stock items your public will want and have sales people who are there to work not have party conversations in front of your customers. This laissez faire business model that your stores have will not enhance your bottom line and your customers will go elsewhere for what they want.

I hope you will do much better moving forward, or your company will become like the dinosaurs and Woolworth…extinct!!

I have been shopping at Sears and Kmart for many years. I often utilize layaway as an avenue to purchase items so I can budget my expenditures more effectively. Recently, I put an item on layaway online (September 2013), Galaxy S3 Tablet 7.0. I paid it off and picked it up this past Saturday, November 16, 2013 at Kmart Store 4308 in Wauwatosa, WI. When I went to the store to pick up my item, the layaway department was in disarray. There were numerous customers that were there to place items and to pick up items and there were not enough sales people to handle the crowds. Once I obtained my item I then went home excited to use my new tablet. The problem came when I turned my tablet on. I could not use it because someone had been using it already and had a lock code on the tablet. If you are familiar with the Galaxy products, in order to use the product you have to register the product as soon as it powers up or it will be useless. I could not use this product because someone had been using it. There is no way to reset the tablet to factory defaults. After further inspection of the product packaging, it was quite apparent that my layaway had been used recently and was not kept in a place for safe keeping after purchase.

My concern is simple. This is a product that I had on layaway. Now, if the product is put aside once the customer places the item on layaway, it should never be used after that is my assumption. I also would assume that when I placed my online order, I was purchasing an item that was new and not used. This product had been used recently and it had a full charge on it so this means that the tablet was used within the last week or so.

My next concern is also simple. When I went back to the store to return my item, I was told to go to first the electronics department then sent back to the customer service area at the front of the store. Kmart’s store in Wauwatosa is lacking customer service. The front line sales staff was rude and blatantly disregarded the customers that were there needing help. There was another customer who was present and the sales staff was making jokes in front of the customer because of her last name, which was difficult to pronounce and was a foreign last name. When the “customer service” personnel finally got to me after discussing their plans for the weekend and all sorts of items that did not pertain to the store, I was instructed there was nothing that I could do other than return the item that I had placed on layaway since September. I asked if there was another tablet on the sales floor and also inquired if there was one at another store and I was told there were no more anywhere.

As a customer and as a former retail sales person, I found this to be quite alarming. I recently read an article that discussed that the revenue for both Sears and Kmart is down. I truly can understand why this is the case. If your stores don’t carry products, your customers will go elsewhere to purchase the items. Simple economics. And since we are just a week shy of the biggest shopping day of the year, I found it very disturbing that your stores did not carry nor had any in stock of an item that many people are purchasing. I had to go to Target which is about a mile away to get the product that I wanted and where there were knowledgeable sales people on hand and plenty of stock to choose from. Most importantly, the product was in good shape and was in an unopened package, unlike the one that I purchased on layaway from your store.

Moving forward, I would like to attempt to continue shop at Kmart, maybe, the jury is still out on this. I currently still have several items on layaway and pray that they will not be used when I get them. If this happens again, I will no longer be a loyal Kmart/Sears shopper. I have tried to contact customer service but obviously the customer service personnel on the telephone are not stateside and my complaint will not be heard. I will post this letter via social networks as well as other media outlets. I hope that your management staff will eventually get the hint that in order to improve the bottom line, you must stock items your public will want and have sales people who are there to work not have party conversations in front of your customers. This laissez faire business model that your stores have will not enhance your bottom line and your customers will go elsewhere for what they want.

I hope you will do much better moving forward, or your company will become like the dinosaurs and Woolworth…extinct!!

Hi there,spepper66! Thanks for sharing your layaway experience with The MyKmart Community today. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your constructive feedback about this pickup and the customer service you received in doing so. I am going to pass your thoughts along to the Stores Team, who will make sure your concerns are addressed.

Thanks again!

Forums Community Site Feedback & ... Poor Business Practi...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in