Community : Report Bugs & Troubleshooting

• online layaways

• I had an online layaway that 2 payments were made online for this layaway. I tried to make my 3rd payment on the due date and no link on the manage my layaway page would allow me to make the payment. I called 3 different times and was told that this would not affect my layaway because error reports were sent about the problem. I was given the run around even though I had reference numbers and one said he would even call me back. Never did! So then I went to a chat with someone who tells me she’s not showing those reports and that she will investigate it further that my layaway is considered inactive. I was furious little to say. I was doing all I could do to make this payment online as usual and this is what I get. I’m advised to wait another 24 hrs. or go to store (20 miles away) and make a payment. For the distance it is away, is why I did layaway online to start with. How rude this was. Everyone was apologetic but no one fixed the problem! I even offered to make the payment over the phone. And another thing, I put layaway on through k-mart, not Sears. But everyone kept saying Sears to me. ???

My name is Sheila Monroe

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention!

I am very sorry to hear that you have had conflicting issues in helping with your layaway issue!

I would like to put you in touch with our Kmart Cares team so that they can help you further on this issue. This team will do what they can in making this right for as well as providing you with a dedicated case manager.

Please know that once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email to help in re-directing you back for further contact with our Kmart Cares team.

Thank you!

Shelia_625,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Kmart Cares Escalations team. We thank you for reaching out to us on this issue. We certainly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with your layaway. We would like to connect with one of dedicated case managers to contact you and assist you with your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (shelia_625), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MyKmart Community Moderator

I tried to pay a payment of $50 on my layaway online. It said there was a glitch and to try back. When I did I put in $50 again and it told me to confirm put the amount was blank so I backed out of it and when I did it said a transaction was processing. I then checked my bank account and instead of taking $50 they took the balance of $178. I called customer service & they said someone will get back to me in 48 hours. I called the store to tell them the situation so they won’t put my items away and the woman commented “it could take a lot longer to get your money back though”. I nees to know how long this will take. I have other bills I need to pay and can’t wait for them to decide to refund me when it was a glitch in their system.

Hi kaylab387!

I have escalated your concerns to our Kmart Cares team to see if they can help you further with this issue.

Please know that I will be reaching out via email once a response has posted.

Thank you!

Kaylab387,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your layaway payment. We can truly understand how discouraging this situation has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and discuss your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (kaylab387), phone # used at time of purchase to kmsupport@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    My Sears Community Moderator

How do I get the online layaway started??? I have the item selected in my cart, but it wants to charge the entire amount onto my CC

How do I get the online layaway started??? I have the item selected in my cart, but it wants to charge the entire amount onto my CC

Hi there, kmhhelseltc! Welcome to MyKmart tonight! If the layaway option does not appear at checkout, that particular item is not available for layaway. What are you looking to buy?

Forums Community Report Bugs & Tr... online layaways

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in