Community : Site Feedback & Suggestions

• Kmart Lease-and-Go ***SCAM***

• I applied for the lease-and-go program, but was denied. I asked, since the flyer says *no credit required*, what were the reasons to be denied. The sales rep gave me a number to call. When i called the number they to me to email another department.. It seems as if this is some type of SCAM, to get customers into the store to purchase other things, since everyone gets denied

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, mhill357. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I’m sorry to hear you were denied.

The qualifications are listed on the website, and also listed below:
    • Photo ID showing you’re at least 18 years old
    • Minimum monthly income
    • Valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
    • Make the first payment in store today, and set up ongoing payments1.

1. Since all payments are handled electronically, debit cards must allow non-PIN-based transactions and checking account or savings account must allow ACH debits.
    2. Assumes biweekly payment schedule over 5 months. 28-day payments also available. If you select 28-day payments, the minimum 5-month term will require 4 more payments after the initial in-store payment.
    3. Customers in MN, NJ and WI must contact WhyNotLeaseIt to negotiate the purchase of the leased item(s).
    4. WhyNotLeaseIt™ is an independent service provider and not an affiliate or licensee of Sears®, Kmart, Shop Your WaySM or any other Sears Holdings Corporation entity or affiliate.

Hope this helps! I recommend emailing the Why Not Lease It Customer Service Team at kmart@whynotleaseit.com for additional explanation regarding your application.

I know and met all of the qualifications, but was still denied without any reason. Just seems a little odd..

I know and met all of the qualifications, but was still denied without any reason. Just seems a little odd..

Hi mhill357,

Were you able to connect with the WNLI Customer Service? I have located 2 numbers as well as Laurel providing the email above for you. 1.855.949.6685, 1.888.949.6680

I hope this helps in getting your question answered on your denial.

Thank you!

I have called several different numbers and sent a couple if emails. No response from anyone. Everyone says the same thing. How could I get in touch with Kmart’s corporate office?

mhill357 I also had the exact same problem. I applied in store, checked my email which said I was approved for $800. I called the 1800 number and the agent said that I was denied. She could not, however, give me a reason why. I have called every number given and have also sent numerous emails without success. I was looking forward in participating in this program for Christmas and wish that someone could let us know something!

I too met all the qualifications and was denied, I don’t understand why when they do no credit check. I also emailed them asking them why with no response.

Hi, mhill357. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I’m sorry to hear you were denied.

• Minimum monthly income

1. Since all payments are handled electronically, debit cards must allow non-PIN-based transactions and checking account or savings account must allow ACH debits.
    2. Assumes biweekly payment schedule over 5 months. 28-day payments also available. If you select 28-day payments, the minimum 5-month term will require 4 more payments after the initial in-store payment.
    3. Customers in MN, NJ and WI must contact WhyNotLeaseIt to negotiate the purchase of the leased item(s).
    4. WhyNotLeaseIt™ is an independent service provider and not an affiliate or licensee of Sears®, Kmart, Shop Your WaySM or any other Sears Holdings Corporation entity or affiliate.

Hope this helps! I recommend emailing the Why Not Lease It Customer Service Team at kmart@whynotleaseit.com for additional explanation regarding your application.

I have emailed them with no luck, no response I think this is all a scam. They offer this to people saying no credit check. I met all the other qualifications so I don’t understand and cant because I get no response to my email and when you call it is always an hour long wait and than you are told to email. Makes no sense to me. Very discouraging!!!

i was approved for the lease program and got three android tablets.the next day one of them started to act up so i took it back to k-mart.the k-mart employee called the leasing company to try and exchange the broken tablet for a new one.they told her that i would have to bring back all three tablets and do a new lease and also pay another down paymant.what a rip off,i was told by the k-mart employee that sold me the tablets that if i had any problems to bring it back and they would exchange it,but nothing about haveing to pay another down pamant.

I applied for this leasing program in Ann arbor Michigan. I had my social security card ,drivers license and most recent pay stub. I meet all the qualification’s listed on the website. I was told my app couldn’t be processed and given a number to call. I called the number from Friday 4pm till Sunday 10:50am, that’s when I finally got a hold of some one. All this just to be told my app was denied because I didn’t meet one or more of the qualifications. What one’s? I know,I know no one from Kmart can tell me why,You don’t run the program. I just think it’s crazy to put your customers through this kind of false advertisement. I left Walmart years ago, because Kmart brought layaway back. Having four kids to buy for during Christmas that helped a lot. But after all this why not leas headache not so sure anymore.

Hi, mhill357. Welcome to the MyKmart Community! I’m sorry to hear you were denied.

• Minimum monthly income

I alos applied ..I had Everyone of the requirements…Actually have well over the income reqirements 2 bank accounts, ect…and was also denied…the store employee called the # and we also were referred to a website/email and given a number to call….I called the number and was told there are OTHER requirements that I didn’t meet…I asked what they were and was told to go to website…Which I don’t see any other requirements??? So because my husband and I relied upon this for Christmas…he then applied…He was denied too!! tell me what are these hidden requirements??

Forums Community Site Feedback & ... Kmart Lease-and-Go ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in