Interests & Hobbies : Fitness/Working Out

• Is There A Difference With Yoga Mats?

• I am getting ready to start Yoga and need to know if anyone has thoughts on a good Yoga mat?

With my lower back disorder and never having used one before, is there enough padding so that you are not feeling the hard floor underneath you? Is 24 inches pretty standard for these mats?

Starting Yoga for me is very exciting and I would like to start out with some form of comfort.

Any thoughts would be most helpful!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Kudos to you for starting a new yoga routine! I don’t know a lot about yoga mats but have used quite a few over the years. I think there is certainly benefit to buying a good mat. I would recommend reading some reviews and making asking your yoga instructor what he/she recommends before investing in an expensive mat. Good luck! Let us know what you decide to purchase.

Thanks Laurel!

Did you notice a difference in the past mats that you had used?

Yes, I am very excited and have just received my workout from Franklin due to my lower back disorder as well as new diet! So darn excited!

I will definitely have to read through the reviews to see what others have to say. We really do not have any where close for me to actually go and check them out physically anymore unless I want to travel an hour.

Thanks Laurel!

Yes, I am very excited and have just received my workout from Franklin due to my lower back disorder as well as new diet! So darn excited!

I will definitely have to read through the reviews to see what others have to say. We really do not have any where close for me to actually go and check them out physically anymore unless I want to travel an hour.

That is terrific! I love yoga-always wish I could get to a class more, but like to fit it in when I can.

The only thing to really look for is thickness. For that reason, I would read reviews or go into the store to check them out. I know I prefer a thicker mat, although, some do not. The mats at the gym I go to are really thin, so I prefer to bring my own. Just something to think about when purchasing!

Thanks Laurel!

That is terrific! I love yoga-always wish I could get to a class more, but like to fit it in when I can.

The only thing to really look for is thickness. For that reason, I would read reviews or go into the store to check them out. I know I prefer a thicker mat, although, some do not. The mats at the gym I go to are really thin, so I prefer to bring my own. Just something to think about when purchasing!
    [/quote]

Agree, Julie. I prefer a thicker mat! Maybe look for the thickest mat you can find, Wendy and read the reviews! Good luck!!

Thanks Girls!

Since I am unable to find any around here, (very small town) I am going to have to just look for the thickest I can find while shopping online. I think that might be best to start out with.

There are lots of good reviews on the ones I had read through so far, now to narrow down with thickness and I am set.

Forums Interests & Hobb... Fitness/Working Out Is There A Differenc...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in