Community : How to Use Forums/FAQs

• How to file a complaint

• Hi, my family and I are frequent shoppers at Kmart since we got a Shopyourway rewards account, I think it is great but the store closest to us is bad (In Anaheim, Katella & Euclid). Every time we go, the restrooms are disgusting. The toilets are always clogged, there is dirty toilet paper on the ground, the walls are sometimes cover in ****, etc. I don’t think no one every cleans those restrooms. I need to know how I can file a complaint. I already heard other customers complain to the manager about it but it doesn’t seem like nothing is done.

In addition, I think that store needs an “upgrade” the registers go very slow and seems like they always have problems with them.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi, wanusko30. Welcome! I am very sorry to hear you found the store appearance in need of attention. We will be happy to share your feedback with the appropriate team. Can you please reply with the store location (street address, city and state if possible).

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out! We will be happy to escalate your concerns to the appropriate team.

recently my family and I went to kmart to take our grandson shopping for his 3rd birthday. while we were there my husband decided to get a new hat. he went over to a mirror to see what it looked like and our daughter started talking to him. he got distracted talking to her as we walked up to the check out line. while myself, our daughter, her husband and our 3 yr old grandson were waiting in line, my husband offered to go out and warm up the car while we finished up. the next thing I know my 8 mo pregnant daughter is screaming, “MY DAD! MY DAD! WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO MY DAD!!!” I looked up and see my husband. As soon as I see him I realize that all of us forgot the stupid hat. As they walked up, I explained that we got to talking and forgot and if they gave me the hat I would pay for it since I was still 3 people back in line and had not checked out yet. They told me NO. They took him and I in back. They told him he had one of two choices. He either had to sign the paperwork they put in front of him or go to jail. My husband has never had a felony charge for anything in his life. He is a cancer patient and on medication. He told them that he has terminal cancer and was on medicine that made it had for him to concentrate and didn’t understand what he was signing.. He didn’t understand why he had to sign anything when he wasn’t trying to steal. They told him again just sign the papers or they were going to call the police and he would go to jail. What a choice for a 45yr old sick man on his grandson’s birthday. this is the same man that I remember making our 8yr old daughter take back a pack of gum she stole and face the consequences because she had stole. they lead us to believe that it was just an incident report. they wouldn’t even let me look at what he was signing. He signed the paperwork. I went out and made my purchases including the hat. When we got home, I find out that instead of just stopping him and saying something like sir I think you forgot the hat. they followed him out of the store and treated him like a thief. I don’t know many thieves that leave his wife, pregnant daughter, her husband and their grandson in a long line to sit in the parking lot for who knows how long with stole merchandise. Now let’s add insult to injury and send you a letter from a lawyer saying that you are being sued for $350.00 in restitution for a hat that you had no intention of stealing and even after all the humiliation and embarrassment still purchased. All I can say is don’t accidentally forget that toilet paper or soda under your cart.

recently my family and I went to kmart to take our grandson shopping for his 3rd birthday. while we were there my husband decided to get a new hat. he went over to a mirror to see what it looked like and our daughter started talking to him. he got distracted talking to her as we walked up to the check out line. while myself, our daughter, her husband and our 3 yr old grandson were waiting in line, my husband offered to go out and warm up the car while we finished up. the next thing I know my 8 mo pregnant daughter is screaming, “MY DAD! MY DAD! WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO MY DAD!!!” I looked up and see my husband. As soon as I see him I realize that all of us forgot the stupid hat. As they walked up, I explained that we got to talking and forgot and if they gave me the hat I would pay for it since I was still 3 people back in line and had not checked out yet. They told me NO. They took him and I in back. They told him he had one of two choices. He either had to sign the paperwork they put in front of him or go to jail. My husband has never had a felony charge for anything in his life. He is a cancer patient and on medication. He told them that he has terminal cancer and was on medicine that made it had for him to concentrate and didn’t understand what he was signing.. He didn’t understand why he had to sign anything when he wasn’t trying to steal. They told him again just sign the papers or they were going to call the police and he would go to jail. What a choice for a 45yr old sick man on his grandson’s birthday. this is the same man that I remember making our 8yr old daughter take back a pack of gum she stole and face the consequences because she had stole. they lead us to believe that it was just an incident report. they wouldn’t even let me look at what he was signing. He signed the paperwork. I went out and made my purchases including the hat. When we got home, I find out that instead of just stopping him and saying something like sir I think you forgot the hat. they followed him out of the store and treated him like a thief. I don’t know many thieves that leave his wife, pregnant daughter, her husband and their grandson in a long line to sit in the parking lot for who knows how long with stole merchandise. Now let’s add insult to injury and send you a letter from a lawyer saying that you are being sued for $350.00 in restitution for a hat that you had no intention of stealing and even after all the humiliation and embarrassment still purchased. All I can say is don’t accidentally forget that toilet paper or soda under your cart.

Hi, davenikmoore91. Welcome! I am very sorry to hear about this experience. Can you please let us know what Kmart location you visited so we can follow up on this further?

Thanks for reaching out here!

Forums Community How to Use Forums/FA... How to file a compla...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in