Chit Chat : Current Affairs

• How do you plan to celebrate Thanksgiving this year?

• I am looking forward to visiting with my family and having a delicious meal for Thanksgiving! I will also be working through some of the holiday as well. What do you have planned for Thanksgiving this year?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Ditto for me with work, My Sacred Friend ! So my meal will come from the caterer at our plant, or myself if we finish on time with our refuel outage… Either way, I’ll be too tired to indulge, so I’ll wing it :/ Happy Turkey Day to all, and a gobble-filled shop over at the Instrument Maint. department ! :} ! (it’s an inside joke)

I too will be working a few hours during this holiday and am very thankful that this will not effect the time with my family or the teams! Awesome!

This will be the first Thanksgiving since 2005 that I will be sharing this day with my family that lives here. So excited to spend the day, but this year it will not be a regular feast as we first planned. It will be a day of trays of finger foods and desserts! We decided to forgo the big dinner since most of the kids will be gone on this day, including my grand-daughter. This will be a day of relaxation for sure!

Yobarps, I think that is wonderful that you have a caterer at your plant! That makes it all worthwhile especially working a 12 hour shift! I hope you are holding up okay since you started these days!

It will be a day of trays of finger foods and desserts!

That is such a wonderful idea, Wendy :) ! Years ago when I was married, we decided to forego the turkey once and had seafood instead – that was one of my family’s greatest Thanksgivings ever !
    I will try to not miss out on the catered dinner this time if I get the chance (it was hailed as very delicious for the past couple of years now…!)

Thanks for the encouragement, My Dear Friend ! It is truly tiresome :{

I love it! It breaks up the tension on if the Turkey will come out delicious or not LOL

As my kids became older each year we I had given them the option on what type of dinner they would like for the Holidays. Most of the time we had a big Thanksgiving dinner, then for Christmas we would have finger foods or vise-versa. It all depended on if we were traveling for one or the other.

What a great idea with seafood! I have heard other families doing the same too. I for one am not a seafood gal, no idea why since I basically grew up on the coast, so the only one who would be eating would be my daughter. I do have to say it always looks really good and still taste test her’s, but my taste buds have not changed LOL

You definitely need to try the catering this year if you can! That way you can see what everyone has been talking about for the past few years!

Hang in there, this month is going by quickly! :-)

I will, and I certainly hope that the “bad time” will fly by quickly as well !
    Happy Sunday to you {^^,! I’m off to shop a little, especially at Kmart !

Happy Shopping! There are some really good sales going on right now!

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

When my grandma on my dads side was still alive we would go up there every year for Thanksgiving dinner, since her passing we’ve usually gotten together at one of my two aunts on that side. They of course use a lot of my grandmas recipes so besides the scenery everything is much like it has always been.

My moms sister usually plans another Thanksgiving dinner on the following weekend so we’re still able to get everyone on that side together. Its so hard to get everyone together as you get older with so many extended families added to the mix. I’m pretty sure we’ll end up going to at least two dinners this year on Turkey Day. Its not easy trying to watch what you eat to save room for more later when there is so much awesome food on the table you only get that one time a year.

When my grandma on my dads side was still alive we would go up there every year for Thanksgiving dinner, since her passing we’ve usually gotten together at one of my two aunts on that side. They of course use a lot of my grandmas recipes so besides the scenery everything is much like it has always been.

My moms sister usually plans another Thanksgiving dinner on the following weekend so we’re still able to get everyone on that side together. Its so hard to get everyone together as you get older with so many extended families added to the mix. I’m pretty sure we’ll end up going to at least two dinners this year on Turkey Day. Its not easy trying to watch what you eat to save room for more later when there is so much awesome food on the table you only get that one time a year.

We actually do 2 dinners in one day, usually, izel! It can be exhausting all of that eating. :) I am grateful, as I am sure you are, to have so much family to celebrate with. So, the overindulging is worth it!

I had a well planned Thanksgiving, compare from last years, we had the most unforgettable experiences today, we are so happy because of the family that binds together and of course, the food we serve, we never missed “Turkey” of course, desserts, I made a special strawberry choco dipped that inspired from http://www.berriedinchocolate.com/collections/berried-in-chocolate-book.

Hi petersonmurdock!

The desserts look yummy!I can imagine what a big hit this dessert was with your family!

Hi Izel!

How did your dinners go? Does your family do the same thing for Christmas? We had just a small gathering with no big meal on this day. Just a lot of finger foods and desserts which was great for its nice to be able to keep going back for more whenever we wanted to eat more.

I do have to say I blew my calorie diet on that day, but as Julie mentioned, the over indulging was well worth it LOL

So looking forward to Christmas dinner now! It will be a big feast with over 20 people, some for which I have not seen in years. :-)

Forums Chit Chat Current Affairs How do you plan to c...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in