Interests & Hobbies : Food & Cooking

• How Do You Make Your Dumplings?

• I am getting ready to make Chicken and Dumplings in a few days and noticed that I had lost my old recipe.

Normally when I make this meal I use the crock pot and make the dumplings separately with an old microwave recipe. Unfortunately I am unable to even locate this recipe anywhere online so I am hoping that someone would like to share one of their favorites.

The recipe does not have to be one for the microwave for I have used the recipe both ways and they had turned out light and tasty. I had tried using the Bisquick a while ago, but it did not taste or fluff the same as my old recipe.

Any thoughts or recipes for me to try would be wonderful and greatly appreciated!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • I can’t answer your question, but I just wanted to show my admiration for those of you who actually go thru this tedious task ! Please send me a sample of your work, Wendy, LOL !

I love eating, but I hate cooking… I miss my exes’ creations with a passion :) !

Hi yobarps! Welcome to the forum!

I use to love cooking, but when you are the only one cooking for over 30 years it gets a little old LOL There is nothing like experiencing someone else’s cooking that’s for sure!

My first time ever cooking chicken and dumplings (was never taught so I was teaching myself), I did not know that I needed to de-bone the chicken, plus my dumplings came out very gooey mess, if you want to call it that! What a good laugh we all had!

Good times!

Oh wow – I’m sure that it was still tasty in it’s own way (”,) !
    Those are very good times, and you’ll have many more before it’s done ! ….It must be close to 20 years since I’ve had that dish, and my mom-in-law did it best (don’t tell my ex!)

Well I was asked to try something new with my dumplings by using biscuits from the store. Sorry to say, this did not work out as well as I thought it would be for the website had many comments on how tasty they were and light and fluffy.

I dropped quarter sized chucks into boiling broth and waited the 45 minute time, I guess I was expecting to have them look like they did with my old recipe, but they were not!They did cook all the way through, but the taste to me was not a dumpling, but more of a piece of bread.

All I can say is it was a good thought to try, but not my kind of dumpling!

I think I really need to find my old recipe!

Forums Interests & Hobb... Food & Cooking How Do You Make Your...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in